PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Age of Newly Aquired Kitten

Honey Bun
27-Apr-11, 20:17
We bought a kitten from the Balmore Welfare Centre at the begining of April, the kittens went into Balmore 22nd March.
Our kitten (Barney) is black and white (tom) and the other kitten (female) is white with a touch of ginger. Barney was vet checked and the assumption was made that he is about 5 months old. This would make him born November time. We think he is younger than this and hoping maybe someone knows when the kittys were born.[evil]

henry20
27-Apr-11, 22:37
what makes you think he is younger?
I got my dog from a rescue centre and his age was guess-timated at younger than he was (he died of old age at a relatively young age) but he always looked a young dog!

Do you know when kitten arrived at balmore and rough circumstances surrounding it? I have a resue cat that is quite small for its age, but this can be due to it being away from its mother too young and not developing at same rate or is it because it appears to be suckling? another sign of it being away from its mother too soon rather than its age.

starfish
27-Apr-11, 22:54
we got a dog from balmore he was supposed to be health checked but on getting him home he had a bad ear infection . We took him to the vets they said he had had it a long time and it will always be a problem. if we had known that the vet bills were on going we might not have taken him on, But hes now part of the family and will stay that way

_Ju_
28-Apr-11, 10:17
Your kitten will loose his baby canines between 5/6 months of age. If they do not fall out, the permananent canine will errupt around 6 months of age on average and he/she will have double canines for a while. So keep an eye on those canines and you will have a pretty good idea of your kittens age. I would go by what your vet says because September/november is just about right for the last kitten litters of last years season. If your kittens were born this year they would be two months old at the most right now and would still be very small.