PDA

View Full Version : A.S.B.O`s

willowbankbear
08-Sep-06, 18:12
Does anyone know the rules of these ASBO`s ?

There`s one of my neighbours who has had his Stereo & Tv confiscated by the Cops, He did like to party every weekend without fail, luckilly for us we could only hear the thud of the Bassline at 7pm - 1am. It doesnt bother me as I listen to dance music all the time, but our other neighbours didnt appreciate the music, which you have to respect.

Once your stereo has been taken, can you get another or are you banned by the courts?
It is a bought house also, so I thought they tended to be a bit more lenient towards home owners than Council tennants?

Does anyone know?

sam
08-Sep-06, 18:17
surely they couldnt be seen to be more lenient on home owners as that would be seen as discrimination??

MadPict
08-Sep-06, 18:48
I think the confiscation of stereo equipment actually falls under the powers invested on Environmental Health Officers. If they get complaints from residents (neighbours) of a noisy individual they warn the person responsible then if they get further complaints they can seize any equipment they deem necessary to stop the nuisance.

The ASBO might come as the result of a court action against the noise maker. And I believe that once you are barred from owning stereo equipment if you get another you could breach your ASBO.

lassieinfife
08-Sep-06, 21:09
ASB is just the same if house rented or bought cant have double standards