PDA

View Full Version : Looking for guidance on the uploading of pictures to Caithness forum

scaraben
08-Sep-06, 15:18
I was given some advice a few days ago on how to use ImageShack.us to upload pictures on to the forum, but I'm still struggling ! So far I have managed to download the ImageShack Toolbar and register. Opened the window which says BROWSE found the Photograph and it appeared in the window..................BUT WHAT DO I DO NEXT !! to get it on to the forum ?

Niall Fernie
08-Sep-06, 16:10
Helpful post by another member here should help:

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=11190

newlabeluk
09-Sep-06, 13:00
Niall probably a very stupid question but how do you get avatars on to your posts.

henry20
09-Sep-06, 13:03
May be a stupid question, but I've been wondering the same thing :L

Colin Manson
09-Sep-06, 13:14
You have to become a .Orger first, the promotion occurs automatically based on the following :-

Posts and Days
180 and 30
90 and 75
60 and 150

Cheers
Colin

newlabeluk
09-Sep-06, 13:39
i'd better get busier then:cool:

henry20
09-Sep-06, 14:18
me too!!! Thanks Colin

j4bberw0ck
09-Sep-06, 14:34
Opened the window which says BROWSE found the Photograph and it appeared in the window..................BUT WHAT DO I DO NEXT !! to get it on to the forum ?

Once youve "browsed" on the imageshack screen to the image you want to upload from your computer, you need to press (once) the button called "Host It!"

That will upload the image to Imageshack's servers and generate a page which you will see on your computer screen, containing the picture, and a list of URLs (you know what they are now, right? :lol: ). For this forum you need to select the URL for a direct link - left-click once in the box with the "direct link" URL (the bottom one) to highlight the text. Then right-click the highlighted text and select "Copy".

Then back to your page on this forum. Look at the top of the text box you normally type in..... can you see a small icon like a yellow square a few millimetres square, with what could be a mountain scene and a postage stamp? If so, click it once and a box appears immediately. Put your pointer in the text line of the box and right-click it, then select "Paste".

Then OK that and the image should appear in your message. When you press "submit" as you finish it, it should link automatically and display the image.

It's made easier if you use a decent browser like Firefox or Opera that allows you to work with "tabs" (effectively being able to be connected to several websites at once on different "pages"). Early versions of Internet Explorer won't do that.

j4bberw0ck
12-Sep-06, 07:39
So, Scaraben - how did you get on?

lassieinfife
12-Sep-06, 07:49
I followed the instructions carefully(many times), but no matter which picture i choose all I ever get is a small square with a red cross in it,so pray tell me what I am doing wrong?[disgust]

j4bberw0ck
12-Sep-06, 10:14
Lassie, do you get the red square and cross on the Org site or on the Imageshack website?