PDA

View Full Version : Jobs

William
18-Oct-04, 01:34
Is anyone else having a problem finding or getting a job or is it just me, i have applied for loads and none of them have ever said anything back or nothing.

knowing me i have done something stupid filling in the form.

dragonfly
18-Oct-04, 10:56
what are you appying for William?? are they general worker jobs or do you have a trade etc?

linzy222
18-Oct-04, 11:42
Lidls in Thurso r desparate for staff

Try there

smith2585
18-Oct-04, 15:56
its not what u know its who u now
think you shud try lidl

munron
18-Oct-04, 16:14
Lidl's is over 18 only.

My nephew is in the same boat but he is only 17 so he is out of luck in most places.

Edited to say that he has also had very little response.

As for the form it is very difficult to say without you posting it here and that wouldnt be a good idea. The best advice is to look at the company and think what skills would they want and ensure they know that you have them. Manpower, Safeways, Co-op, Lidls will all look for communication and customer care whereas the battery factory and norfrost will look for accurate, quality and attention to details.

Cheers

Mandy
18-Oct-04, 16:23
Manpower are usually looking for people.
Lidl would be worth trying, as well as Safeway and Co-op - especially as it is getting closer to Christmas, so they usually take on extra staff then.

Unfortunately, the saying is true around here - it's who you know, not what you know!

Good Luck.

gravedigga
18-Oct-04, 18:24
Yeah Manpower are always looking for people and they'll still keep you on their books and ring you when something comes up.

They're not 'that' bad to work for and the pay's ocay - think most people are on £5+ after training rate. Pays the bills. . . . . . . . .

Seabird
18-Oct-04, 19:16
My son is now twenty, he's applied for lots of jobs that he is well qualified for.
Most companies did'nt even send a letter of regret
He is now hoping to go into the R.A.F and continue is computer/electronics training with them.
Caithness is not! i'm sorry to say a place for young people who want to learn a trade.
If you have a trade like pluming/electrician/painting or some other simular skill then you might do well as a self employed person.
Things will get worse Caithness Glass closing down Dounreay closing earlier than expected with reduction of staff starting next year.
It does not look good for any of our futures.

William
19-Oct-04, 00:31
yeah i have aplied for lidl's but never heard anything and i am 19.

i was sacked from manpower so i don't think they are really an option :(

thanx everyone

linzy222
19-Oct-04, 18:21
I think u should try lidls again coz they were that desparate the other day they had staff from wick through

I don't know why they don't keep their staff tho it doesn't look 2 bad, just like any other store really apart from they r stacking the shelves and serving where as the supermarkets have different staff for different jobs, mayb thats the reason!!

William
20-Oct-04, 00:11
yeah i saw that to on monday when i went for the fireworks, yeah i guess i will give it antoher go tomorrow see what if anything happens
thanx

casper
20-Oct-04, 07:56
The actual work at Lidl's is OK - but you do have to stack the shelves, serve the customers and clean the store at the same time. The main problem is not being paid for the hours you work, as you have to stay behind to clean the store after it has closed.

The staff are nice and the work is fine though. You're kepb busy during your shift, so it does make the time go in faster, and there is plenty variety in the work you are doing.