PDA

View Full Version : Morags

scaraben
08-Sep-06, 13:46
Well.................having read the comments about "Morags" in Wick's High Street we went along today with high expectations. Sorry to say I was disappointed on one or two counts. 1st Service was slow and the place was not exceptionally busy. 2nd There was no napkins provided, and no knife on the plate if you wanted to cut what you had to a more manageable size. 3rd We had toasties and Pot of tea. Bread used for toasties was VERY thin and there was no offer of Brown or White bread just given white. In fairness to Morag & Co I must compliment them on the decor its nice I DO LIKE the table service. I wish them every success, but I think if they look around there are one or two improvements that could be made. :~(

willowbankbear
08-Sep-06, 14:05
Where is Morags? What is Morags? a cafe? I havnt been down street very much since I came home:cool: Bingobabe is away=no shopping. I thought there were plenty of places for Tea & cakes in Wick, Spoons,McDonalds,Houstons,Bridge st cafe, Harbour Cafe. So where is Morags & I may pop in for Tea next week when the Boss gets back;)

krieve
08-Sep-06, 14:07
next to whatsits

willowbankbear
08-Sep-06, 14:16
I saw folk in there yesterday out corner of my eye but I was pre-occupied wiping blood away so It never caused me to ask the question!. Oh well, ye learn something new every day they say, & that seem s pretty obvious now, doh[lol]

Bradcon
08-Sep-06, 14:24
get another punch in the mouth then willow[lol]

pedromcgrory
08-Sep-06, 14:30
Well.................having read the comments about "Morags" in Wick's High Street we went along today with high expectations. Sorry to say I was disappointed on one or two counts. 1st Service was slow and the place was not exceptionally busy. 2nd There was no napkins provided, and no knife on the plate if you wanted to cut what you had to a more manageable size. 3rd We had toasties and Pot of tea. Bread used for toasties was VERY thin and there was no offer of Brown or White bread just given white. In fairness to Morag & Co I must compliment them on the decor its nice I DO LIKE the table service. I wish them every success, but I think if they look around there are one or two improvements that could be made. :~(
whinge whinge whinge

RockChick84
08-Sep-06, 14:32
The place has only just opened and it's getting pernickety criticisms made about it. Are people going in there for the sole purpose to slate the place? How fussy. If Gordon Ramsey opened a restuarant in Wick people would go on about how it's not up to standard. How can a place that's just opened be expected to deliver fast service, excellent food, etc so soon? Open a place yourselves and see how perfect it is in the first weeks.

angela5
08-Sep-06, 15:34
No matter what you do, there was always be hicups and nit-pickers.
Well done to Morag.:D

willowbankbear
08-Sep-06, 16:37
get another punch in the mouth then willow[lol]

Nah, the Dentist was a huge shellik fan & saw my Rangers top, tried to yank my teeth out at hard my head was still shaking when I got back to Wick. The Bloody battle of Bridge end[lol]

Back to the subject, have you been to Morags Bradcon?

Bradcon
08-Sep-06, 17:40
after all the reports on here i dont think ill bother.;)

caithnessboyagee
08-Sep-06, 17:41
whinge whinge whingesounds like you shouldn't talk about yourself like that :lol:

Woolie
09-Sep-06, 21:03
Well was in there today the food was lovely service was good the place was clean and the prices are good so all i can say is well done morag.

evelyn
12-Sep-06, 10:23
Went there yesterday and was delighted with food, service and prices.
The coleslaw and tattie salad is the nicest I've had. Really yummy.
The baking was fresh and nicely presented.
We'll be going back.
Evelyn

andrew.bowles
04-Oct-06, 11:27
i eat there every day would not thankyou for the others very plesent food hot and no its not a bakery just a good honest cafe lovein it

bigpete
07-Oct-06, 21:04
full marks to Morag for starting up this cafe in the first place, but think the serving staff need a kick up the backside, went in today for a 'quick coffee' the girl 'serving' gave the impression she was not bothered; it was quiet, there were three occupied tables. ALL the other tables had not been cleared, we had to clear a table for ourselves. Out of interest (and ref the comments above) I noted the time that we sat down. The girl wandered into the serving area and out a couple of times - we had eye-contact with her, but she did not acknowledge us. After five minutes my wife went to the loo, came out and said there was no loo roll and that others had obviously been trying to get the paper hand-towels to use with bits of paper all over the floor. We sat and waited, nothing so, after 11 minutes we got up and wandered out, noticing on the way the girl was leaning against the wall in the serving area, chatting to someone.
Come on Morag, get more/better staff - you've been going for a while now, the hic-cups should be ironed out by now. hopefully next time it'll be sorted

poppett
10-Mar-07, 00:42
This has become my favourite "pit stop" when in Wick. We usually have "breakfast" at lunchtime and it is freshly cooked, just the things you ask for and tea or coffee as you like it. Crack always good, toilets clean and everything on the level. Highly recommended.

henry20
18-Apr-07, 09:16
My friend decided to pop in to Morag's last week after hearing good reports about it. To say she was disappointed is an understatement.

Firstly they had to wait ages before their order was taken, then another age before they got their drinks - and the glimmer of hope that food was going to arrive in the near future. How wrong!! It was another half hour before their panini's arrived - barely edible. She was thoroughly disappointed as was her daughter.

Tony
20-Apr-07, 20:58
Tried this café recently and found the food, prices and staff very friendly and will be returning for second helpings. Good luck.:lol:

day old blues
22-Apr-07, 17:16
morags is the best cafe in wick by a mile, me and a few friends go there every week for something to eat and have never had a problem

Fran
23-Apr-07, 02:16
Morag must be doing well in her cafe if they are closing the whatsits shop next door to extend the cafe. I was surprised at this as it never seems too busy to warrant an extension.

vwchick
12-May-07, 23:19
Went to Morags on a saturday with my mum and aunt and were treated very well. Had a lovely young waitress, kirsty, i think, who was in high demand. We had lovely tea and home made baking, and nothing was too much trouble. Thankyou to the attentive waitress and good luck with the business.

poppett
21-Jul-07, 17:18
Have not been in for a while, but had tea there last night. Open longer hours now, and the cafe has been extended, but still a few nicknaks for sale and the handbags are still there thank goodness.

Hubby made the joke, "Steak egg and chips please" and that is what he got. He was absolutely delighted.

There is a new chiller to select the fancies from and the blueberry cheesecake was absolutely superb!

Hope trade continues to prosper.

edayhouse
23-Jul-07, 14:48
Well this is only the 2nd time that i have posted on the org so please bear with me.

My mum and i visited Morags on Saturday, went through to Wick for some shopping and decided to have a bite to eat.

First of all i assumed that we had to place our order at the till as after 10 mins none of the staff came near us, i asked a gentleman at the next table and he must have known the staff as he went through the back then a young lassie came to take the order - i must say that although she was young perhaps only 14 or 15 she should have some manners - quite rude. She took our order which was tea, juice, sandwich and a curry then disappeared 10 mins later she came back with the juice that was hot and flat (out of a tin so not sure where they store the tin) and a cup of tea filled to the brim with milk, another 10 mins go by before the young waitress comes over to say that we cannot have the curry as it is not served till later on no apologies or anything and it took her 20 mins to tell us this we asked what we could have and were told a sandwich or cake - we then decided just to leave...

I am not moaning for no reason as some posts have said and good luck to the lady named Morag for trying to make a go of the cafe but my advice would be to get more curtious waiting staff and perhaps make it clear that at lunchtime all that is available is sandwiches etc...

I personally will not be making my way back to this cafe.