PDA

View Full Version : Someone stole my Lidl trolly with pound

chrisupyonder
25-Apr-11, 03:14
We were shopping in Lidl last week and had 2 trollies. I had unloaded one and was helping my dissabled wife unload the other one at the side of the car out of site of the empty one at the back of the car. When I went to get the trolly from the back to take back and retreave the pound coins, it had gone. I did not see who took it. I hope they will donate the pound to some dissabled charity.

northener
25-Apr-11, 07:34
You should always lock the doors on your trolley.

And never leave the engine running when it is unattended.:Razz

Droopy
25-Apr-11, 09:58
This is an absoulute outrage! Why has no-one from Canada been in contact with Lidl HQ in Germany, (or is it a public holiday there to maybe?)

Well IMHO the very least that could be done is that CASST are informed about this dreadful situation! I only hope the people or persons who carried out this most upsetting crime had no trouble while crossing the zebra crossing with thier stolen trolly.

The fact that this crime happened over the Easter weekend makes it all the more upsetting.
I do hope all the orgers will pull together and offer Chris all our support, but I cant help feeling that if hed gone to Tesco, this would never had happened.

Does anyone know what time the bus to Castletown leaves Lybster, and who could polish my Landrover?

pmcd
25-Apr-11, 10:12
Droopy - you're NEARLY right. However, I am reliably informed that the pound coins are being systematically stolen by the residents of Portgower - they are raising money to put tinted glass in the bus shelter, so that their comings and goings are less obvious.

In the longer term, they are building a debating chamber especially for Orgers to stage public debates. There will be a cock-pit for the protagonists, and a raised gallery for hoi polloi to utter oaths, hurl vegetables, and generally add quality to the debate.

A small price to pay for assured entertainment.

Thank you, Portgower. You spoil us!

Sadly, I cannot polish your Landrover, as I have not been recommended, and thus would have to be cleared by the Scottish equivalent of CRB to work on vehicles under 18 years old, otherwise I might be accused of Autopaedia.

Buses from Castletown never leave, they only arrive. This is part of Stagecoach's master plan to gradually prune all bus services until the introduction of the "spinal" X99 which will run in a straight line from Dunnet Head to the Scilly Isles.....

Bradcon
25-Apr-11, 11:24
your all wrong i heard white van man stole it.

pat
25-Apr-11, 12:37
Next time use those keyring tokens, size of a £1 get them free from consumer direct, various places give them away, other places and charities it costs you but I have had several tokens returned - imagine very few £1 coins are returned.
I always use those token things then if one does disappear I do not mind or more to the point I leave them in my purse so always have one for trolley - usually have a couple in the bottom of my handbag, one on my keys - I often pass them out to folk if they have not got a coin for the trolley and they are surprised at the the simple idea of leaving it in purse so its always there to use as they cannot spend it.
Hope the theif feels a bit of guilt if they are reading this on here - does not matter how much it is it is still theiving.

Carole
25-Apr-11, 14:42
Never shopped at Lidl and, now I know that you need to feed the trolley, I probably never will.

telfordstar
25-Apr-11, 14:56
Dear lord what is this town coming too!

Leanne
25-Apr-11, 17:53
Playing devil's advocate - maybe they thought someone had abandoned it?

ducati
25-Apr-11, 21:22
Does anyone know what time the bus to Castletown leaves Lybster, and who could polish my Landrover?

I've seen your Landrover-no one. :lol:

Phill
25-Apr-11, 23:08
Does anyone know what time Tesco's open?

Buttercup
26-Apr-11, 00:12
Next time use those keyring tokens, size of a £1 get them free from consumer direct, various places give them away, other places and charities it costs you but I have had several tokens returned - imagine very few £1 coins are returned.
I always use those token things then if one does disappear I do not mind or more to the point I leave them in my purse so always have one for trolley - usually have a couple in the bottom of my handbag, one on my keys - I often pass them out to folk if they have not got a coin for the trolley and they are surprised at the the simple idea of leaving it in purse so its always there to use as they cannot spend it.
Hope the theif feels a bit of guilt if they are reading this on here - does not matter how much it is it is still theiving.

If it's Lidl in Thurso, the token won't work in their trollies now ~ well at least the one I've had for years won't!

northener
26-Apr-11, 08:02
The Police have just been on the phone.

The trollies been found, it appears it came offroad half way up Strath Kildonan....

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/02/27/49/2274944_ea2b86ef.jpg

Walter Ego
26-Apr-11, 13:20
Never shopped at Lidl and, now I know that you need to feed the trolley, I probably never will.

You do know that you retrieve your pound when you've finished with the trolly.....don't you?

Carole
26-Apr-11, 14:23
You do know that you retrieve your pound when you've finished with the trolly.....don't you?

Not if you are the OP! Think we have gone full circle now. :D

porshiepoo
26-Apr-11, 15:58
This is why I still love the org.[lol] Only orgers could turn a lost / stolen pound thread into ......well this. lmao.
Just what I needed after having to twice run the gauntlet through Portgower today. (Incidentally not a bloomin living soul in sight again :eek:)

Luvin it!

Carole
26-Apr-11, 16:35
This is why I still love the org.[lol] Only orgers could turn a lost / stolen pound thread into ......well this. lmao.
Just what I needed after having to twice run the gauntlet through Portgower today. (Incidentally not a bloomin living soul in sight again :eek:)

Luvin it!

So glad you got back safely porshiepoo. Bodes well for my daughter who is risking the journey north tonight.

starfish
26-Apr-11, 16:38
Walterego found the pound in a trolley today fantastic news

pmcd
26-Apr-11, 17:12
He thinks its the National Lottery!

gingernut
26-Apr-11, 21:39
What a wonderful thread. This has cheered me up no end. Sorry shouldn't laugh at Chris's misfortune!!

joxville
26-Apr-11, 22:41
I saw a 4x4 on the M6 on Sunday with the reg HSK 733, the ad on the spare wheel cover had a Manchester phone code.

ducati
26-Apr-11, 23:57
I saw a 4x4 on the M6 on Sunday with the reg HSK 733, the ad on the spare wheel cover had a Manchester phone code.

Was it towing a trolly?

chrisupyonder
27-Apr-11, 03:56
It was worth losing the pound. The laugh I have had on here was well worth it! Thanks folks.