PDA

View Full Version : carpets

dirdyweeker
07-Sep-06, 22:06
Noticed today that the new Carpet shop at the Retail Park has already opened. When did that happen?

angela5
07-Sep-06, 22:09
I was surprised to see it open today. Did they have their opening day advertised in Wednesday's paper?

martin macdonald
07-Sep-06, 22:10
the oficial opening is saturday. they were getting more stock in today so they just let folkes in to shop:Razz

dirdyweeker
07-Sep-06, 22:12
Seems some good choices of carpets. 60% discount on a lot. By the time you pay a carpet fitter to lay it though you probably wouldn't have saved much than if you had bought locally.

angela5
07-Sep-06, 22:13
They are giving 60% off.

angela5
07-Sep-06, 22:15
Seems some good choices of carpets. 60% discount on a lot. By the time you pay a carpet fitter to lay it though you probably wouldn't have saved much than if you had bought locally.

Very true. I hear plowmans carpets have slashed their prices.:D

connieb19
07-Sep-06, 22:33
if you log onto their website you can get a voucher for another 10% off.:cool:

pultneytooner
07-Sep-06, 22:37
So if you bought it locally, would they fit it for free?

connieb19
07-Sep-06, 22:41
So if you bought it locally, would they fit it for free?
They will contract out a local fitter to do it, I've no idea how much they charge though.:confused

krieve
07-Sep-06, 22:44
A pal of mine had her stairs quoted by plowmans yesterday. £75 including the fitting.

topotheuk
07-Sep-06, 22:45
"if you log onto their website you can get a voucher for another 10% off."

Do you know their web address? I couldna mind what it was called to google it.

Thanx

connieb19
07-Sep-06, 22:47
"if you log onto their website you can get a voucher for another 10% off."

Do you know their web address? I couldna mind what it was called to google it.

ThanxI just typed in Carpetright..

pultneytooner
07-Sep-06, 22:49

They will contract out a local fitter to do it, I've no idea how much they charge though.:confused

So if you buy locally and they still charge you for having the carpet fitted then carpetright even allowing for the cost of a fitter must still work out a helluva lot cheaper.

girnigoe
07-Sep-06, 22:50
The website is here www.carpetright.co.uk

Also noticed on there they charge £25 for fitting. Not bad if youre going to save 60% as well....

topotheuk
07-Sep-06, 22:51
"I just typed in Carpetright.."

Thanx, I thought it was carpetwise, that's why I couldna find it.

Cheers

pultneytooner
07-Sep-06, 22:51
A pal of mine had her stairs quoted by plowmans yesterday. £75 including the fitting.
What did the stairs say that was worthy of a quote?;)

connieb19
07-Sep-06, 22:52
What did the stairs say that was worthy of a quote?;)I need laid!!! :eek:

pultneytooner
07-Sep-06, 22:55
I need laid!!! :eek:
"Thanks connie", says pultneytooner as he wipes the coffee spray off the monitor screen..........http://filesoup.co.uk/forum/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif

krieve
07-Sep-06, 23:00
What did the stairs say that was worthy of a quote?;)
Always a smarty pants somewhere on the org.:roll:

girnigoe
07-Sep-06, 23:01
ROFLMAO !!! :grin:

Was that £75 just for getting it laid??????? OMG!!

pultneytooner
07-Sep-06, 23:03
Always a smarty pants somewhere on the org.:roll:
Sorry krieve, a couldna resist...http://filesoup.co.uk/forum/style_emoticons/default/Wink.gif

footie chick
08-Sep-06, 10:47
The website is here www.carpetright.co.uk (http://www.carpetright.co.uk)

Also noticed on there they charge £25 for fitting. Not bad if youre going to save 60% as well....

£25.00 is for delivery within store area!
From their website
We can arrange for your floor covering to be delivered to you for a standard charge of £25 (within store area)

Local carpet stores will be able to give you a price for supply only and for fitting. Most don't charge you for delivery!

henry20
08-Sep-06, 11:45
I hope people will price around with local businesses before falling for the 60% off - you will often find that local businesses are just as competitive (albeit not always) or sometimes cheaper than your national chainstores!

a certain pair of gloves in homebase were £7, but could be bought from a local firm for £3 - the gloves were identical. Too many of these national stores rely on customers assuming that they are cheaper and not shopping around.

As with Tesco - people assume they are always cheaper (I know I did). I bought 10 bottles of bud for £7.50, then went into Co-op in Wick and they were only £6.50. But as with all supermarkets, you win some :), you lose some :(