PDA

View Full Version : Sod's Law

Kenn
16-Oct-04, 22:34
As promised folks here's the formula for this (also known in some quarters as Murphy's Law.)

((U+C+1)x(10-5)) /20xAx1/(1-sin(F/10))

However I DID not say I would explain it or how it works! Besides who's to know if the result would be correct because the law might turn on it's self [lol]

JAWS
03-Nov-04, 01:34
LIZZ, I'm not sure what all the symbols represent but one represents how much of a rush you are in and one how important a task is and the others are somewhat similar in idea.

Kenn
05-Nov-04, 23:32
OK but which bit of the equation takes into accoutn which side the butter in on?

Rheghead
09-Dec-04, 22:06
Ooh? I just love equations, let me think this one over!

squidge
10-Dec-04, 00:31
Gawd Rheghed you are maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

more than one bracket and more than one letter and it might as well be swahili

monkey
10-Dec-04, 02:42
OK but which bit of the equation takes into accoutn which side the butter in on?

((U+C+1)x(10-5)) /20xAx1/(1-sin(F/10))

Lizz, the butter is ALWAYS on the wrong side. Since this is a constant condition, we need only look for the constants in the equation. The second set of brackets contains the only constant expression (10-5), so that is the part of the equation that relates to which side the butter is on.

You must also realise that when you drop buttered toast (which I believe is what your are alluding to), it's neither the toast's nor the floor's fault. It's YOUR fault. Since the floor didn't change and you knew where it was, and the toast is inanimate, YOU obviously chose to butter the toast on the wrong side.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the "sin" function in the last set of brackets describes the trajectory of the cat. Either that or its a typo and should read "szin".

squidge
10-Dec-04, 17:47
Monkey

You are a darling - its all so clear to me now

:eyes

Kenn
13-Dec-04, 02:29
ERRRR UMMM but what happens is the law hits in? It could negate the whole equation!

Issy2
14-Dec-04, 01:38
I can't get into chat.
None of my passwords works
Don't know what to do.
Issy

Mr P Cannop
14-Dec-04, 08:43
I can't get into chat.
None of my passwords works
Don't know what to do.
Issy