PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Parliament Election- Do we vote for the Person or Party ?

Alice in Blunderland
22-Apr-11, 07:48
With the election fast approaching how do you feel most people will make up their minds to vote ?

Is it the person or the party that you are voting for ? :)

It is commonly thought that in Caithness many people tend to vote for the Person.

I must admit to a degree thats me I vote for the person I think will do the best for our area. I'm off to the hustings now Tuesday 26th in the Assembly rooms to see what I think of the four candidates and how well they respond to the public.

Soooo undecided although from his support of our small primary school over the years Rob Gibson looks good to me :confused

pmcd
22-Apr-11, 09:46
Rob Gibson indeed. Head and heart say "right". Plus, the others are either numpties or represent parties containing a high numpty quotient. I go for a combination of man/woman + plan, which means person + party.

Seems to work. I've never been held by the secret police, or hurled into a festering cell and had my delicate bits tickled with electrodes. Must be something in this democracy lark after all......

Hoida
22-Apr-11, 12:25
Not keen on any of the candidates so a bit undecided at present. Will definitely be the party I vote for as I said not keen on any candidates. Never see anyone canvassing around here Jamie Stone used to always do the rounds. have been told R Gibson was in the area but never saw him. Will see what the next couple of weeks bring.

Alice in Blunderland
22-Apr-11, 16:26
Have spoken to Rob and had communication with him previously and he was very good. I have telephoned Robbie however I cannot say I was impressed with his answers to my questions. The other two candidates I have not yet spoken to so would like to see what they are saying.

Im led to believe Rob may be out my way tomorrow so may find him and ask him a little more particularly with regard to Health service provision now and in the future oh decisions, decisions.

ducati
22-Apr-11, 18:16
Here is something else to differentiate the parties that might be of interest to some:

Link from an email. I have used it and was safe but make your own mind up. http://onekind.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1cc673f44737c13d15067a096&id=c327ba28b5&e=3249e037de

It's about parties commitment or lack of to animal welfare issues if you don't want to open the link