PDA

View Full Version : tesco parking

starfish
21-Apr-11, 18:14
Why do people stop and park on the zebra crossing out side tesco wick. we nearly hit a lady on a mobility scooter today she could not see around the taxi parked there. and we did not see her until she pulled out . we had a chat with the secrutity guard on duty his reply was we had a word with the taxi company in the passed. but they have to be quick in picking up fares to earn their money. surely a life is worth more.

brandy
21-Apr-11, 18:17
traffic warden.. cctv and a ticket.. that would soon stop them parking there

bekisman
21-Apr-11, 18:30
Why do people stop and park on the zebra crossing out side tesco wick. we nearly hit a lady on a mobility scooter today she could not see around the taxi parked there. and we did not see her until she pulled out . we had a chat with the secrutity guard on duty his reply was we had a word with the taxi company in the passed. but they have to be quick in picking up fares to earn their money. surely a life is worth more.

'Cos they are lazy idle gits?

orkneycadian
21-Apr-11, 18:34
Maybe you are not aware of it, but in this country, taxi drivers are above the law. Means they can pull out in front of folk at junctions, make turns without signalling their intentions to other road users, do U or 3 point turns in the middle of roads in front of other folk, driving over the pavement to complete the maneouvre if need be, stop in the stupidest of places and hold up the traffic whilst they pick up / set down their fare and park in taxi ranks through the day when there is no demand for taxis so they can chinwag with their mates yet never be seen on the ranks when you actually need a taxi at night.

Stopping on a zebra crossing sounds about right then![lol]

pat
21-Apr-11, 20:13
Starfish - it isn't only in Wick. Here in Stornoway if they could they would have the car inside the shop, one person was so lazy tried to get 4x4 up to cash machine at entrance to store.
It is only a very small store here and they try to get the vehicle as close as they can to the covered entrance - I'm all right Jack, everyone else can just hang on for me to finish what I have to I am the most important person on this earth attitude.

Geo
21-Apr-11, 23:04
we had a chat with the secrutity guard on duty his reply was we had a word with the taxi company in the passed. but they have to be quick in picking up fares to earn their money. surely a life is worth more.

I wonder why they don't just make their pickup at the doors?

pmcd
21-Apr-11, 23:56
Taxis in this area are a bit curate's egg: parts of the service are very good, and I've had some splendid and helpful drivers.. BUT I have noticed they don't like working over lunchtime (I got stranded outside Wick Tesco for 40 minutes waiting for an ordered taxi, and in the end had to shlep my shopping down the way to the Haldanes bus stop). This is why if you see a grey haired loon in a red anorak shouting at cabs "Hope you enjoy/ed your £25.00 lunch!", you'll know it's me.

Then there was the cab who took me three miles out of my way because the taxi driver knew better than me where it was I was going. Then charged me for the extra mileage. Then got a bit peeved that I thought the journey was a bit longer than it should have been. According to my Irish curse, I am now agog to see what a taxi driver with one arm and three heads actually looks like......

But - a small price to live in Caithness!

Gronnuck
22-Apr-11, 08:15
I blame the taxi customers.[disgust] Too bloomin' idle to push their trolley to the large bay not 50 metres away marked 'PICK UP POINT.' Instead they clutter up the entrance to the store blocking everyone else who wants to get in and out. They are the real problem here.
If a taxi driver did attempt to use the Pick Up Point they'd probably get an earful from these idle inconsiderate numpties!