PDA

View Full Version : X99 Bus Wick to Inverness

dousslesh
20-Apr-11, 16:43
Help ! Does anyone know where the X99 Wick to Inverness bus stops, for picking up in Lybster ? ( Due at 10.13 am ) According to Stagecaoch it's Main St. Lybster ( Not sure where -opposite the post office ? ) But this morning the bus sailed right past without stopping ! (According to Stagecoach that isn't possible ! )
There is no timetable or details of changes in the bus stop opposite The Portland Arms ( Where X99 previously picked up )
Does anyone know where the bus actually does stop ? Need to catch it tomorrow as flight to catch.

Hogfather
20-Apr-11, 20:18
The timetable doesn't change until Monday (25th), so it should still pick up opposite the Portland? That's what it says in my timetable anyway, I know some of the buses do 'weird' things like go into Lybster/Dunbeath, but it will still have to go past the stop on the A99!

Have found the local drivers to be very obliging about stopping as long as you make it obvious that you want them to:Razz

dousslesh
20-Apr-11, 20:48
Thanks for reply . That appears to be the case. Having spoken to Citylink ( who were unaware when the timetable would change) and then Travelline - who appeared to know what was happening and when - we came to the conclusion that the X99 was still picking up at The Portland; as you say this will change on 25th April. It would appear that Stagecoach have published their timetable a little too far in advance !! Heaven only knows what will happen on 25th April !!!

Reaper
21-Apr-11, 10:37
as you say this will change on 25th April. It would appear that Stagecoach have published their timetable a little too far in advance !!

Just goes to show there is no pleasing people! if i remember rightly the last time Stagecoach changed there timetables the new ones were only ready 3 days before the change guess what people complained now there ready with the new ones with some time in advance an guess what people complain!!