PDA

View Full Version : Student Lodging

imack
20-Apr-11, 15:12
Hi

Firstly, sorry if this isn't the right place for this type of things - I'm a newbie! :roll:

I know that the college use locals to board students and was interested in finding out more about the possibility of offering a room to a student.
Before I go phoning the college I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this and how they found it?

Thanks in advance!

leodhas01
21-Apr-11, 22:00
The college tend to send out a list of digs for students to stay at, many of my friends have stayed in digs, they are a hit or a miss really if they like it or not as some digs people may set a few rules across and possibly have a curfew whist others will let the students do as they please, it all depends on if the students get along with them but I've met a few of the digs people myself (also being a student but went for a flat as I'm not living in Thurso permanently for college) and they've all been welcoming and nice enough to me as tend to tell me just to let myself and to see who ever I'm visiting. But it's each to their own opinion, as I said it depends on if the students get along with them. Hope this helps.

imack
28-Apr-11, 15:31
Thanks for replying!
Seems you've had an OK experience.
You make a good point though, I guess the "relationship," for want of another word, you build with whoever lodges with you is really a key factor.