PDA

View Full Version : Indian restuarant

gerry4
19-Apr-11, 17:39
Which do you people think is the best Indian restaurant, Taj Mahal in Halkirk or Spice Tandoori in Wick?

Sorry did not want to clog up this forum but did not know where else to post it

annemarie482
19-Apr-11, 17:45
haven't been to the taj mahal but the spice tandoori is excellent!
couldnt fault them, resturant is clean and fresh, service is of a high standard and the food, superb!
we visit often, sample many different dishes and have never been disappointed. :)

Alice in Blunderland
19-Apr-11, 17:46
Taj Mahal in Halkirk IMHO had the edge for food however the decor and dining experience in spice Tandoori is better. My personal favourite just now is the Indian Ocean in Brora. I know its a bit of a drive but worth it. They do a lovely lamb and potato curry and their naans are sooo tasty and light. :D

Bobinovich
19-Apr-11, 19:02
Have to agree with AiB - Taj when in Castletown was fine and actually felt like a restaurant but the Halkirk Taj unfortunately feels more like a cafe :(. Spice Tandoori is now my choice for both atmosphere and the quality of the food.

gerry4
19-Apr-11, 19:37
Thanks folks

I know the Spice Tandoori well and think it is great food but have not tried the Tai & was wondering if it was worth it for a change.

chocolatechip
20-Apr-11, 12:55
Haven't been to the one in Halkirk. But I have been to the one in Brora and had a takeway and it was lovely this was a good while ago. And have been into the Spice Tandoori to 2 or 3 times and haven't been disappointed and we have had a takeout from there too and it's been lovely every time. The last time was in Novemember 2009 with a couple of friends and family

Kenn
20-Apr-11, 16:08
Going slightly off track, appart from Shelina Spice, I have not found a decent Dhansak if any one else is an officianado could they please say where to go for one at an eat in restaurant.