PDA

View Full Version : Blair to tackle 'menace' children

pultneytooner
06-Sep-06, 22:33
Tony blair says that potential troublemakers can be identified before they are born:

More (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5301824.stm)

He has plans to enforce sterilization on all those he deems to not be of the master race[lol]

connieb19
06-Sep-06, 22:38
Tony blair says that potential troublemakers can be identified before they are born:

He has plans to enforce sterilization on all those he deems to not be of the master race[lol]Hey Pultneytooner, you're a 1k.orger now lol!! Congratulations..:D if I go into hospital can I wearmy new goonie?

pultneytooner
06-Sep-06, 22:44
Hey Pultneytooner, you're a 1k.orger now lol!! Congratulations..:D if I go into hospital can I wearmy new goonie?
Shucks, thanks connie...http://filesoup.co.uk/forum/style_emoticons/default/Blush.gif..........dinnae do at unless ye want till work in dounreay.

willowbankbear
06-Sep-06, 23:24
No Connie, why do ye want to hide yer face???? Its a lot better than the average 1 on Bridge street.

Lolabelle
07-Sep-06, 09:49

He has plans to enforce sterilization on all those he deems to not be of the master race[lol]

This is a bit of a worry, just imagine all the great people who might not get born because they might pose a risk as a trouble maker. Makes you wonder what they will come up with next, doesn't it?:~(

Naefearjustbeer
07-Sep-06, 10:35
A big touch of Adolf and the master race what a coplete idiot that man is. Many kids who are from single parent situations are menaces. But so are many kids from 2 parent families. Did his own son not get picked up by the police as a drunken teenager. Maybe Tony should of been sterilised as a young man so that he would be unable to breed.

Kingetter
07-Sep-06, 10:40
A big touch of Adolf and the master race what a coplete idiot that man is. Many kids who are from single parent situations are menaces. But so are many kids from 2 parent families. Did his own son not get picked up by the police as a drunken teenager. Maybe Tony should of been sterilised as a young man so that he would be unable to breed. Or alternately, his father?

Naefearjustbeer
07-Sep-06, 10:43
Yes that sounds like a much better option.

maverick
07-Sep-06, 10:58
Someone once told me there is no such thing as bad children just bad parents....

Kingetter
07-Sep-06, 11:02
Someone once told me there is no such thing as bad children just bad parents....
who were? maybe the children of 'bad parents' ?

Naefearjustbeer
07-Sep-06, 14:40
So as each generation grows up they will get worse and worse as the standards of the parents before have been bad. Ooh eck we are in trouble in a few generations time then, I predict a self destructing population :~(

Kingetter
07-Sep-06, 14:43
So as each generation grows up they will get worse and worse as the standards of the parents before have been bad. Ooh eck we are in trouble in a few generations time then, I predict a self destructing population :~(

So what's new? "And the sins of the father shall be ." I expect you know the rest, and, is it untrue, even if 'old-fashioned'?

Naefearjustbeer
07-Sep-06, 14:59
I think it goes in cycles, Folk a few years older than me are right bad lot and the ones a few years younger than me are terrible. However I am just fine :lol: ;)

Kingetter
07-Sep-06, 15:03
I think it goes in cycles, Folk a few years older than me are right bad lot and the ones a few years younger than me are terrible. However I am just fine :lol:

And if you keep telling yourself that you'll be convinced? That's no doubt what Mr Blair et al believe too.
Meanwhile, keep taking the tablets!:D

Naefearjustbeer
07-Sep-06, 15:19
Sorry, did you not take a pinch of salt with my last post? I certainly did.

Kingetter
07-Sep-06, 15:23
Sorry, did you not take a pinch of salt with my last post? I certainly did.

Sorry too - on a 'salt-free diet'.:D

Naefearjustbeer
07-Sep-06, 15:28
Sorry too - on a 'salt-free diet'.:D

LOL. I supose it is better for your health to keep the salt intake low.

Kingetter
07-Sep-06, 15:40
LOL. I supose it is better for your health to keep the salt intake low.

Nah! Simpler than that -
too much salt = thirst; too much thirst = drink; too much - Aw come on, you can finish that right?

oldmarine
07-Sep-06, 15:42

I was hoping that I changed that after being sired by an alcoholic father. So far my children, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren seem to be doing quite well.

Kingetter
07-Sep-06, 15:48
I was hoping that I changed that after being sired by an alcoholic father. So far my children, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren seem to be doing quite well.

Hi oldmarine, I bet they just are and have much to be proud of when they look back to you. You will however know it doesn't always work out that well.

luskentyre
07-Sep-06, 23:26

I think it's about time sterilisation was used as a deterrent/punishment/preventative measure for anti-social behaviour. It's pretty obvious that if you can't look after yourself and disregard other people then, chances are, you're not going to be a great parent. It's about time people stopped seeing procreation as purely a right. It's a responsibility and not something you're automatically entitled to.

pultneytooner
07-Sep-06, 23:34
I think it's about time sterilisation was used as a deterrent/punishment/preventative measure for anti-social behaviour. It's pretty obvious that if you can't look after yourself and disregard other people then, chances are, you're not going to be a great parent. It's about time people stopped seeing procreation as purely a right. It's a responsibility and not something you're automatically entitled to.
Are you being serious?
Thats a seriously twisted idea right there.:confused

luskentyre
07-Sep-06, 23:58
Are you being serious?
Thats a seriously twisted idea right there.:confused

Totally serious. Why do you think it's "twisted"? Do you think it's right that people who have committed certain crimes against society should be able to breed?

pultneytooner
08-Sep-06, 00:04
Totally serious. Why do you think it's "twisted"? Do you think it's right that people who have committed certain crimes against society should be able to breed?
So you believe that criminality is genetic?

Lolabelle
08-Sep-06, 00:06

The absolute worst children I know come from a family whose parents are well educated and quite well off.
The kids are awful, they are rude, they scream and swear at their parents and anyone else, whenever they feel like it. They punch and hit and throw things at thier parents and even my dogs hide under the house on the very rare occaisions that the parents bring the kids to our place. They cannot have friends with other couple who have kids because their kids are so badly behaved.
And it is all the parents fault.
When I have looked after them, without the parents, I laid down the law as they entered the yard. I made it very clear what would happen if they disobeyed and they did not put a foot out of place. I blame the parents totally. These kids are delinquints in the making, but come from a "Good Family".

Naefearjustbeer
08-Sep-06, 00:17

Ok so lets just say the idea is implemented. Who is going to decide who can and who cannot breed? Will it be a penalty point system? 3 strikes and you are out. Or is it ok for petty criminals to have kids but not hardcore crims. What about the person who has a drugs conviction or the alcoholic. What about the rich can they buy the right to breed. It is unworkable and open to corruption of the highest order.

maverick
08-Sep-06, 01:05
The absolute worst children I know come from a family whose parents are well educated and quite well off.
The kids are awful, they are rude, they scream and swear at their parents and anyone else, whenever they feel like it. They punch and hit and throw things at thier parents and even my dogs hide under the house on the very rare occaisions that the parents bring the kids to our place. They cannot have friends with other couple who have kids because their kids are so badly behaved.
And it is all the parents fault.
When I have looked after them, without the parents, I laid down the law as they entered the yard. I made it very clear what would happen if they disobeyed and they did not put a foot out of place. I blame the parents totally. These kids are delinquints in the making, but come from a "Good Family".

i think the other thing i was told was spare the rod and spoil the child or something like that

squidge
08-Sep-06, 09:16
Children need boundaries and these need to be enforced - whether you do that through smacking or other methods of discipline should be entirely up to the parents but only when children have boundaries do you see well behaved and happy children.

pultneytooner
08-Sep-06, 13:13
Eugenics can have no place in todays society, who are we to say that someone can't have a child, the idea gives me a feeling of abhorrant disgust at the very thought.
people who advocate neutering need neutering themselves

_Ju_
08-Sep-06, 13:32
I smell Nuremburg laws in the making.

pultneytooner
08-Sep-06, 13:47
I smell Nuremburg laws in the making.
Precisely ju, what next the mass slaughter of those that don't "FIT" in?[disgust]
The knock on the door from the police to take you away for termination!

luskentyre
08-Sep-06, 20:43
Eugenics can have no place in todays society, who are we to say that someone can't have a child, the idea gives me a feeling of abhorrant disgust at the very thought.
people who advocate neutering need neutering themselves

You've just advocated neutering then (and I haven't even committed a crime!)

It's not a case of eugenics - that wasn't where I was coming from. It's about a real deterrent and a possible way of reducing the amount of undesirables. Of course it's fraught with difficulties (who decides what etc.) - I never said it wasn't.

Some may say that the most basic right is the right to freedom - yet we see that a perfectly acceptable form of punishment. Add to that, does locking people away do any good at all?

I just think that:

1) If one punishment for committing a serious crime was not be able to have children - potential offenders might think twice about it.

2) Of course there's no hard and fast rule about what makes a good parent (one can always quite exceptions), but it's not unreasonable to assume that someone who has no regards for others in unlikely to have regard for any offspring.

pultneytooner
08-Sep-06, 20:53
You've just advocated neutering then (and I haven't even committed a crime!)

It's not a case of eugenics - that wasn't where I was coming from. It's about a real deterrent and a possible way of reducing the amount of undesirables. Of course it's fraught with difficulties (who decides what etc.) - I never said it wasn't.

Some may say that the most basic right is the right to freedom - yet we see that a perfectly acceptable form of punishment. Add to that, does locking people away do any good at all?

I just think that:

1) If one punishment for committing a serious crime was not be able to have children - potential offenders might think twice about it.

2) Of course there's no hard and fast rule about what makes a good parent (one can always quite exceptions), but it's not unreasonable to assume that someone who has no regards for others in unlikely to have regard for any offspring.
It most certainly is a case of eugenics thinking that you can improve mankind by selective breeding otherwise why would you propose such a monstrous action.
Threatening to sterilise would be no deterrent the same as capital punishment wasn't a complete deterrant.
Anybody can be a good parent whether they are the biggest criminal out or just the neighbour from hell they can still be a good parent.
You can't base a policy on the supposition that someone, 'may', be a bad parent.
I also know of a certain family where one parent would steal the sugar out your tea but their youngest son has through a lot of hard work become a G'P, would you have forseen this in your masterplan and spared his life.

celtic 302
08-Sep-06, 21:14
luskentyre, if threatening to kill them didnt work, i dont think threatening to stop them having children will have more of an effect.

also, with evolving science, we seem to think we can sort out all our problems. we can't. You CAN'T tell what a child will be like, no matter what the parent's like.

crayola
09-Sep-06, 00:39
And thus spake Osama bin Luskentyre de Mengele.

As I write I watch WWII swastika-clad planes on TV. I see the seeds of history regerminating in Caithness East. I feel sick.

roblovesplastic
09-Sep-06, 00:50
why dont you watch BBC3

safe

crayola
09-Sep-06, 00:52
I don't drink lager and I don't eat crisps and my children are not menaces

roblovesplastic
09-Sep-06, 00:59
possibly someone who thinks they know me, they certainly dont know my kids, COME FORTH OH CLOAKED ONE.

crayola
09-Sep-06, 01:36
I know nothing about you roblovesplastic. I was listing TV schedules.

Mr Blair is finished. His utterances on problem offspring are henceforth of no consequence.

roblovesplastic
09-Sep-06, 01:45
being a space cadet, i am sorry

yes?

but to give an opinion, aint there a lot of names for disorders these days. In Blairs wake.

luskentyre
09-Sep-06, 17:40
And thus spake Osama bin Luskentyre de Mengele.

As I write I watch WWII swastika-clad planes on TV. I see the seeds of history regerminating in Caithness East. I feel sick.

Possibly a slight overreaction...

Put it this way then. Potential adoptive parents are vetted are they not? People working with children are certainly vetted. I strongly suspect that part of this vetting process includes the examination of criminal records. However, anyone (regardless of what crimes they've committed) can have children naturally. Does this sound right?

Rapists, paedophiles, murderers - let them all have children, as many as they like.

badger
09-Sep-06, 19:20
This is just another of Tony Blair's headline-grabbing ideas. Is there a problem? - right, let's have a new law to solve it. The fact that hardly any of his new laws would be needed if the existing structures were working properly seems to have escaped him. If there were enough midwives, health visitors, social workers and teachers with time to do their jobs properly and spot trouble early on instead of spending endless hours filling in forms and running round trying to look after far too many parents and children, then there would be fewer delinquents. Parents who don't know how to parent need help and support - some people are naturally good parents but those who find it difficult need to be shown how. If it can be done on tv (Supernanny etc.), it can be done in real life.

maverick
09-Sep-06, 21:49
Children need boundaries and these need to be enforced - whether you do that through smacking or other methods of discipline should be entirely up to the parents but only when children have boundaries do you see well behaved and happy children.

I have to agree with you on this one squidge. Children need to have the lines drawn at a very early age, and to understand that that line should not be crossed. I also feel that a high number of children have no sense of responsibility or respect for either themselves or the community that they live in. To be quite fair i dont believe that the children are to blame for this, guidance is very important in any childs development, and i believe that there is not enough if any guidance given to problematic children from their parents.I feel that perhaps there are to many parents out there today who are to consumed in their own lives and needs and are doing so at the expence of their children. I'm afraid that i don't have any answers because i don't understand the scale of the problem, but perhaps one solution would be ,if all parents could come together and help those parents who are struggling a little with the ( i don't know if this is the correct terminology) concept of parenting for the purpose of giving our children a fighting chance at life. Then maybe we could tell Mr Blair and Co where to stick his latest idea...