PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my washing machine?

Spirit
18-Apr-11, 19:00
I have a zanussi washing machine about 3 or 4 years old. I left it running a cycle today and when I returned the power on/off light was still on but the rest of the display was blank and no light above the start/pause button. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? Tried tunring off & on and at the plug. pressed all the buttons but nothing.
Is it something simple or is it going to cost me a fortune?

Pouleriscaig
18-Apr-11, 20:38
I'm no expert, but sometimes if the filter is blocked, with a coin, paper, or whatever, (or if there is a kink in the outflow pipe, the cycle doesn't complete properly.
I'm not saying that's what's happened with yours, but there's no harm in checking it.

Bill Fernie
18-Apr-11, 20:46
After 3 years it might be the brushes in the motor. These are easy to replace although a bit fiddly if you have not done it before. You can buy a set online and try it. After I was shown how to do it I have replaced several sets over the years to save a lot on call outs. We always keep a spare set of brushes for the machine we have in case they need doing again. Check online for web site to show you how to replace them.