PDA

View Full Version : Dunnet forest eagle

saba
18-Apr-11, 18:38
Does anyone know what has happened to the wooden eagle in Dunnet forest? Went there today and it has gone!!!!!

lindsaymcc
18-Apr-11, 18:40
It was there last Wednesday...... and looked fine!

saba
18-Apr-11, 18:47
The stones around the base are still there, but the wooden sculpture is missing!

brandy
18-Apr-11, 18:59
i saw the owl yesterday, but not the eagle

Dadie
18-Apr-11, 21:25
I assumed it was removed for the forestry operations going on in the area.
The red and white tape go across the access to the eagle and people may still have been crossing the tape to look at it.
Either that or its been nicked!

brandy
18-Apr-11, 21:56
i did notice that they stopped the path at the totem poles.

donnick
18-Apr-11, 22:28
Been missing for weeks

kitty kat
19-Apr-11, 22:24
it has been removed due to vandalism.

Scout
21-Apr-11, 09:16
This is good sample of right to roam were there is no control who walks around as they have a right to have access[disgust] Few things have gone missing from the forest many times you see cars park or people walk but you don't take note who they are as people has access all the time.

brandy
21-Apr-11, 09:47
i dont get your grudge scout.. the forest is set up for the public to have access... its not like its private property that your just taking the cheek and saying.. oh right to roam.
its a beautiful place with trails that you can wonder for animals with children and animals. i for one am thankful for it.

Scout
21-Apr-11, 16:24
i dont get your grudge scout.. the forest is set up for the public to have access... its not like its private property that your just taking the cheek and saying.. oh right to roam.
its a beautiful place with trails that you can wonder for animals with children and animals. i for one am thankful for it.

I am not and I have used and walked Dunnet Forest just pointing out fact that when people have a right to walk more people enter harder it is for people to stop silly people making problems for others who want to enjoy. Unless you have someone around Forest 24/7 this will happen again.

dunnetforest
21-Apr-11, 22:18
Thank you for your concern about the missing eagle. The eagle was the victim of vandalism sometime during the October 2010 holiday period.It was pulled from its base and the base was badly knocked about. The eagle is stored away safely now just waiting for some spare volunteer time to carry out repairs, then it will be returned to the forest.
Just mindless brainless vandalism!!!,