PDA

View Full Version : bt call centre

jim baxter
18-Apr-11, 15:05
Hi There,

Does anyone know if there is a UK phone number for their call centre's.

Thanks

Kodiak
18-Apr-11, 15:29
Hi There,

Does anyone know if there is a UK phone number for their call centre's.

Thanks

That is a very good question. Their phone number is 0800 800150 but that does not mean you will get to speak anyone within the UK. Anytime I have phoned I have always ended up somewhere in India.

weezer 316
19-Apr-11, 20:37
If anyone tells you that you can ask to be put through to a UK centre then they are talking nonsense. I should know, worked there for 7 years. Its pot luck.

oldmarine
20-Apr-11, 02:37
If anyone tells you that you can ask to be put through to a UK centre then they are talking nonsense. I should know, worked there for 7 years. Its pot luck.

Sounds familiar. Most of the call centers in the USA end up in any place except the US of A,.

ashaw1
20-Apr-11, 18:20
I worked for them too and direct numbers do exist, usually used by managers and team leaders but these are usually only used by staff.

RecQuery
21-Apr-11, 13:29
There are numbers that are just routed to UK based centres, but they guard them jealously and change them constantly, when I was at BT I used to distribute them online. There are ways to trick the PBX and IVR depending on how it's setup also. Now I just refuse to buy products or services from a company that doesn't have support or the majority of support in a country where English is the first language.

NickInTheNorth
21-Apr-11, 13:48
Lots of good contact details on here : http://btcomplaint.co.uk/contact/bt-contact-details/

If you have been dealing with a BT call centre and getting nowhere (and give it a go first they very occassionally get things sorted for people) then can I suggest you send an email to : BT Chief Executive of Retail Gavin Patterson - you'll find his email address on the above link. Be courteous, give brief details of the problem and any references you have and ask that it is resolved within 7 days or you will involve OFCOM. You'll find things start to happen :)

23-Apr-11, 18:53
Thanks for this very useful information, have been having billing problems the past few months and have been calling repeatedly with no result, emailed Gavin Nicollson yesterday at 4pm, by 5pm I had his secretary on the phone advising me that they would help me get a resolution. This morning I got another call and the billing complaint has been resolved.

jim baxter
24-Apr-11, 18:35
Thanks everyone for the replies, problem now sorted