PDA

View Full Version : Drysuits

dancingtaz13
06-Sep-06, 20:36
Hi,
Can someone recommend where i can buy a drysuit, for a decent price too.... not too expensive!!:roll:

Tugmistress
06-Sep-06, 21:29
ebay :)
i have been looking at semi dry suits too on there as a cheaper alternative to a full dry suit.

dancingtaz13
06-Sep-06, 22:52
Thanks. I shall take a look on there.... i don't have one and require one for the medic course we just done!! :lol:

Venture
07-Sep-06, 09:55
Saw someone advertising dry suits in the for sale section

bobbyjoeufb
07-Sep-06, 21:09
Try wetsuitoutlet.com seams to be one of the cheapest around.

Just dont ask for them for help if it is faulty!

My brandnew drysuit leaked from day one all they did was tell me to send it back to the manufactor, had the cheek to even tell me that I may have punctured it!

Its off at the manufactors at the mo, will call them tomorrow to see what the verdict is.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Sep-06, 21:14
Whats a drysuit?:confused :confused

caithnessboyagee
08-Sep-06, 17:16
Hi,
Can someone recommend where i can buy a drysuit, for a decent price too.... not too expensive!!:roll:Isn't there still a surf shop in thurso down by the habour cant mind the name sorry .

rockchick
08-Sep-06, 17:25
Whats a drysuit?:confused :confused

The clue is in the name! Its a garment that has elasticated openings for your hands and head that keeps the rest of your body dry while under water. They're great for scuba diving in cold waters (like the Pentland Firth!). They're good if they fit well, but if they leak they're right miserable and useless.

Wetsuits, which are better for warmer waters or more athletic pursuits such as surfing, let water in to the skin. They sorta keep you warm cuz the water inside the suit warms up and stays inside, but I wouldn't recommend them for diving in the North Sea.

caithnessboyagee
08-Sep-06, 19:35
Isn't there still a surf shop in thurso down by the habour cant mind the name sorry .it's called the tempest cafe surf shop .

footie chick
08-Sep-06, 19:38
also what used to be the paper shop {think it still is} in between the bookies and the Royal Hotel in Thurso sell surfing gear

dancingtaz13
08-Sep-06, 20:03
Hey,

Thanks for your replies. I tried Tempest and the surf shop on street but they don't have any. Found out that Harpers fishing shop can order them but i'll look about.

Cheers