PDA

View Full Version : canon eos fit wide angle lens wanted for loan

dragonfly
18-Apr-11, 10:19
anyone got a canon fit wide angle lens (eg sigma 10-20mm) they'd be willing to lend me for 3 weeks in May/June?

Going to States and taking 550D with me but want something else other than kit 18-55m lens that came with it and don't think that will be wide enough for some of the views of the Grand Canyon

Not wanting to buy one as saving up for 17-40mm for the 5D, unless its a reasonable price

reply/PM or call/text me on 07729 325626 if you do

thanks
Julie

bcsman
18-Apr-11, 18:21
good luck to getting a wide angle lens but if you dont get a lens have you thought about sticthing 2 photos together? you can get some nice wide shots this way

Stingray
19-Apr-11, 08:03
Tall order to ask for someone to loan you a lens for three weeks when you have the money to pay for three wekks of holiday in the states me thinks?

NickInTheNorth
19-Apr-11, 08:23
Hi Julie - I wish you luck in getting anyone to lend you a lens - most photographers I know would rather give you one of their limbs :)

Have you tried one of the many lens hire companies out there - if I remember correctly a wide angle such as you are loking for will cost around £50 per week in the UK, so about £150 for he holiday. You may be able to get one in the USA when you are out there and therefore only need to hire for a shorter period.

These guys have a good reputation amongst folks I speak to http://www.lensrentals.com/for-canon

HTH

Nick

Mystical Potato Head
19-Apr-11, 08:52
Tall order to ask for someone to loan you a lens for three weeks when you have the money to pay for three wekks of holiday in the states me thinks?

You haven't posted for a while,did you miss not being at the O'Neil Classic this year?

dragonfly
19-Apr-11, 08:57

ouch, there goes that sting in the tail! maybe a tall order but if you don't ask....someone may have one lying around that they don't use that much

thanks Nick, have looked into hiring and for the cost I could probably pick one up from ebay for a wee bit more and have it to keep, might just do that now seeing as its not nice to ask to borrow when I can afford the holiday

donnick
19-Apr-11, 12:18
well i hope some kind soul lends you one if you dont ask you dont get .good luck and enjoy ur holiday looking forward to seeing some pic on ur return

dragonfly
19-Apr-11, 17:19
Thanks donnick and there are kind souls out there looks like I'm sorted. Can't wait to get there now but with apathy on here think I'll stick to posting on FB ;-)