PDA

View Full Version : NHS minor ailment service

golach
06-Sep-06, 19:04
Has anyone come across this in your local pharmacy, its a new service for people who dont pay perscription charges.
Everyone can go to their pharmacist for advice or to buy a medicine for a minor illness or ailment.
Now this is a new NHS service for people or children, who dont pay prescription charges. It means that if your pharmacist thinks you need it then, they can give you a medicine on the NHS without you having to pay for it.
It will also save you making an appointment with your GP simply to get a prescription

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2006/06/26102829/1

Murchiemannie
06-Sep-06, 19:37
I "signed up" for this scheme back in June 06 but so far any time i've wanted... say asprin or other tablet form I'm still being asked to pay.
When did it come into being?

lassieinfife
06-Sep-06, 19:42
The only people who will not pay are those already in receipt of free prescriptions all others will have to pay up as usual, its just to save doctors appointments ........... sorry :roll:

angela5
06-Sep-06, 22:41
I went to a local chemist on monday for something for my daughter, i was just about to pay £6.49 for it, when an elderly lady next to me interupted the assistant and asked her , " won't she get this under the new NHS scheme for childrens minor elliment's"?. The assistant looked surprised and sheepishly informed me all about it. Why did she not tell me about this before ringing it up in the till.?

lassieinfife
07-Sep-06, 06:19
Money in the till?........ they have to wait for the payments otherwise