PDA

View Full Version : Missing kitten / cat from Hastigrow near Bower

crazy caterpillar
16-Apr-11, 19:46
My 8-month old cat Lola has been missing for the last 12 hours. Not a long time I suppose but the thing she's never really been out much before so I'm really worried. We went outside early this morning to do some gardening and she was running in and out the back door as she usually does - she's usually pretty afraid of going outside and has never been out for more than 10 minutes at a time before. We haven't seen her since.

We live on the B876 so it's quite a busy road but I haven't found her in the road. I've been calling and calling and shaking her treats. Our neighbour searched her house and outbuildings and we've searched ours too.

I can't post a photo but I'll describe her - she's a ginger, black and white kitten, small for her age, and she has a triangular black spot on her white front - hence also answers to the name "supercat!"

Please can you pm me if you've seen a cat matching her description at all? I'm offering a reward for her safe return or any information that leads to getting her back.

I'm quite worried about foxes but there's been a pheasant strutting his stuff in the field next door for hours plus plenty of lambs about so if a hungry fox is in the neighbourhood it seems strange he would take Lola when she wouldn't even have been outside for that long before she went missing?

luskentyre
17-Apr-11, 00:18
I'm really sorry to hear that Lola is missing - fingers crossed she turns up soon. In the meantime there are some useful tips on the Cats Protection website (link below). It would also be worthwhile putting an appeal on Caithness FM (01847 890000)

http://www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk/missing_tips.htm

Please let us know how you get on.

crazy caterpillar
17-Apr-11, 10:33
SHE'S HOME :-))))))))))) oh thank goodness. I found her in the garage in the corner which doesn't make sense because I'd searched in there about 15 times. Maybe she was out all night playing and hunting and then came back and went into the garage when I opened it this morning. Felt like I was seeing a ghost when I found her - I was so sure she was a goner. I'm so thankful she's home.

Liz
17-Apr-11, 18:49
That is such great news! :)