PDA

View Full Version : hi need help

cullyboy
16-Apr-11, 19:25
can anyone enligten me as to why a breeder (who sold me a expensive pup)would not send on our pups paperwork as promised i know we should have got it at the time we bought her but were told it would be sent out to us.that was last oct,anyone else have the same probs

Alba.gu.brath
16-Apr-11, 19:26
pos saving the for another dog? paperwork costs money, demand u get them u bought them as well as the pup!!!!!

starfish
16-Apr-11, 19:32
perhaps there was no papers in the first place

unicorn
16-Apr-11, 20:10
Contact the kennel club and report the matter.

Beat Bug
16-Apr-11, 21:36
Contact the breeder first and ask them what's happened to the paperwork. Give them 7 days to get them to you, and if you haven't got them by then, report them to the Kennel Club

Alba.gu.brath
16-Apr-11, 21:44
i agree beat bug

Sarah
17-Apr-11, 00:15
Quite likely they were not registered in the first place. Breeders can charge a higher price for registered puppies, then say they will send the paperwork on. Never happens. I do hope this isn't the case with you, but I know it happens quite frequently.

linshome
17-Apr-11, 08:55
Sorry to say but they probably sold you a non pedigree pup for a pedigree price. That's not to say the dog is not a pure breed, simply that it's not eligible for KC registration. To register a puppy both parents have to be KC registered and for one reason or another that may not have been the case. In which case the price should reflect that - depending on the breed KC registration can be worth a couple of hundred pounds more. Are you sure that the price you paid is the same as that of a KC registered pup and not the price of a pure bred pet? A breeder is also not able to register more than one litter to a dam in a year, in an effort to stop puppy farming, but mistakes do happen and bitches do get pregnant when perhaps the breeder didn't intend it. Either way it doesn't help you and I'm sorry to say there isn't much you can do about it other than to take it up with the breeder and demand some of your money back (or the papers if they are adamant they will have them). Whilst reporting it to the KC will alert them to the problem I doubt there is much they can do about it and ultimately will not assist you in the long run. If you are simply wanting to know if there is a registration pending for this litter I'm sure they will help if they can. I hope you manage to resolve this and am sorry for your problems but there is big money in puppies and a lot of disreputable people out there making a fast buck.

Manxman
17-Apr-11, 10:00
As a former breeder, I stopped because of the number of puppies being bred and because of unscrupulous breeders this makes me very angry. Did you make sure that the person you bought the pup from was kennel club registered? If they are then report them if not well the kennel club won't do anything at all but might be able to give you advice as to what to do. I suggest you contact trading standards, (there are strict laws about dog breeding) the SSPCA in case they are running a puppy farm, getting dogs in and passing the off as their own. I recently bought a new pup, the paperwork came with him and upon registering him I got free insurance for a few weeks. Good luck and perhaps you should name the breeder so no-one else gets ripped off like you have been.

Dadie
17-Apr-11, 23:20
This may sound silly but why are you asking now?
Should you not have had it out with the breeders before now..
Would you have a claim for the small claims court (less expensive and you can do the legwork and represent yourselves) and the threat of that may work....

crustyroll
19-Apr-11, 13:42
It can happen sometimes that the paperwork gets lots - I had a litter of puppies a few years ago where all the paperwork got lost. This was when the postal strikes were on. I had to get a whole new set sent out and hoped that the new owners believed me! The original paperwork turned up two months later!!!! However, I would agree, you should have had the paperwork. The kennel club won't do very much to be honest and it's a very long and complicated process, believe me, I've looked into it.

wrightchatterbox
19-Apr-11, 17:23
Hi Cullyboy
sorry to hear about your plight! Yeh I agree you should contact the breeder but why not check on the KC register to see if your dog is registered in the breeders name? That way you can see whether there is a hold up or you've been ripped off. I got my litter register & paperwork within 7 days of registering - plenty time before the puppies were rehomed! Hope this helps. And I agree... NAME & SHAME if you dont have any satisfaction with the breeder. Good Luck

caithgal
19-Apr-11, 18:08
Definately. The paperwork comes through realy quickly so no need for a big wait. It isnt sounding good though. Mny breeders sell pups claiming that they are pedifgree when they are not. There was a case of it in aberdeenshire not too long ago where the breeders were taken to court as they claimed the pup was a pedigree and like you the paperwork was never produced. You have a good case for the court

K.B
22-Apr-11, 22:42
The same sort of thing happened when i bought my pup a few years back the breeders promised that papers would be sent out n after many phones calls and promises of them being sent i gave up as the last phone call to them the basically told us where to go, unfortunately when she was advertised it said she had no papers but on arrival to pick her up it came to light there was papers so we came home with it in our heads that maybe one day we could breed her as she was such a lovely pup but when it came to going to the small courts or CAB we had no leg to stand on as she was advertised as no papers!! i hope you get the papers for your pup cullyboy, there is so much puppy farming going on its sad that people think of their dogs as a breeding money making machine rather than a much loved family pet!!

unicorn
22-Apr-11, 22:54
I am surprised the kennel club can do so little for such a large establishment. If I were to behave like that selling a rabbit as a british rabbit club member I would be in real trouble, could receive a fine, the investigations committee would be in touch and could be banned from showing and from the british rabbit council. I would probably also lose my position as club secretary.
So for such a large establishment I really am truly surprised they can do so little.

cullyboy
23-Apr-11, 07:20
hi k.b the thing is pup was advertised as a stunning kc reg bitch i still have the ad and like you paperwork would be sent on.have phoned the breeder so has others who bought out of that litter last call she was busy doing other things.would have thought trying to keep her so called good rep would be her main concern.i hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later.

caithgal
23-Apr-11, 08:15
If you have the ad then thats even better. Take her to court as its not looking like she will be playing ball now. Also as stated go to trading standards as they will be able to help you out a lot.

JDW
02-May-11, 13:57
Sent you a PM with info from the Kennel club. Hope this helps.