PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear - what can the matter be?

John Little
15-Apr-11, 08:26
Two young kids are locked in ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-12919747

I cannot help but feel that I would have put my shoulder to the door and forced it open but well done the brigade...

pmcd
15-Apr-11, 09:29
Sir - I rank second to none in my appreciation of the work of the Caithness Fire Service, but I think even they would be blushing to see their work so ennobled by the BBC exercising its ability to draw out "news" where none such exists! Is it such a quiet news day in the Highlands and Islands that two kids and a pussy are right up there on the BBC news agenda? Do I pay my £1m licence fee for some left-wing hack to turn this quotidien event into a racy news tale?

I remain, Sir, frankly incensed and swivel eyed

Sir Herbert Gusset
Dunborin
Auchterhainhus

(Apologies to "Private Eye"!)

John Little
15-Apr-11, 09:37
Sir Herbert Gusset
Dunborin
Auchterhainhus

Dear Sir Herbert

I think you've just got to face it. As far as we are concerned you live in a boring part of the world because you are a very long way from the Smoke. Quite frankly you have no History, no buildings of note and nothing of architectural interest in your whole county. And even if you did we would not mention them - and you may tell us about them as often as you like.

Conversely, two kids locked in a lavatory and a wee dawgie trapped under a fence have universal appeal to our listeners, so we deign to mention them.

Honestly, you'd be better giving up on your rural wilderness and moving to London.

yours affectionately

Auntie Beebie.

annemarie482
15-Apr-11, 09:44
just to put the record straight on the bathroom fiasco, i know the children that were stuck in the bathroom ,and was told by the mother of one of them that the door couldnt be forced as a glass shower screen had fallen across the back of the bathroom door blocking it from opening properly (it could open an inch so kids could be seen) or being forced open. that is why the fire brigade removed the window to get the blockage moved.

John Little
15-Apr-11, 09:46
Fairy nuff Anne-Marie.

But it never fails to astonish me though what makes the news and what does not.

northener
15-Apr-11, 09:49
just to put the record straight on the bathroom fiasco, i know the children that were stuck in the bathroom ,and was told by the mother of one of them that the door couldnt be forced as a glass shower screen had fallen across the back of the bathroom door blocking it from opening properly (it could open an inch so kids could be seen) or being forced open. that is why the fire brigade removed the window to get the blockage moved.

I'll bet you knew the kids, AM...

"was told by the mother...." Aye, right.....

Didn't I see you walking out of Homebase with a new glass shower screen t'other day?;)

annemarie482
15-Apr-11, 09:54
ha ha ha! erm na!
i'd have got in somehow!!
either the window or door would be erm........unusable [lol]:eek:

i wouldnt have had the sense nor patience to call the fire brigade! :lol: