PDA

View Full Version : Northern Constabulary's new police chief

Nwicker60
14-Apr-11, 13:52
New chief delighted to be taking over 'northern'

GEORGE GRAHAM has taken up the post of Chief Constable for Northern Constabulary.
He was appointed by the Northern Joint Police Board, in November, to take over from Ian Latimer on his retiral.
Mr Graham, who hails from Dumfries, has over 28 years experience within the Scottish Police Service where he was latterly Deputy Chief Constable for Dumfries and Galloway. He joined the Force in 1982, working his way up the ranks, gaining considerable experience over two decades until appointed Head of Operations and then his chief officer role in 2006.
Mr Graham is a member of the Association of Chief Police Officers Scotland (ACPOS) where he has recently had the specific portfolio responsibilities for the Information Management and Operational Policing Business Areas and the National Business Change Programme Board.
Mr Graham said: “It is tremendous to come to such a beautiful part of the world and to take the helm of a force which has such an excellent performance record. I can see that a huge amount of energy and work has gone into achieving the excellent results over the past year which is a credit to everyone who contributed to that.”
The new chief constable continued: “I am delighted to have now taken up the post of Chief Constable of Northern Constabulary and am looking forward very much to getting around the Force and meeting the people who have made Northern Constabulary such a success. The Force has an excellent reputation and enjoys high levels of public confidence and excellent working relationships with its partners. The Highlands and Islands is one of the safest places to live and work in the UK and I am determined to help it remain so.”
Councillor Norman Macleod, Convener of the |Northern Joint Police Board said: “The Board is delighted to welcome Mr Graham to the Highlands and Islands. We are very pleased to have someone of such a high calibre to take over from Mr Latimer. We look forward to working with him in his role as the chief of one of the highest performing Forces in the UK”
Mr Graham is married to Aileen, a police Sergeant. They have a teenage son. Mr Graham plays the pipes and was the manager of the police pipe band in his former Force. He also enjoys golf and skiing and outdoor life in general.