PDA

View Full Version : Election Signs

MusicWicker
14-Apr-11, 12:33
Any chance of getting these taken down now as the election was a week ago? The candidates are quick enough to litter every lampost in town with them but not so quick to take them away.

Alice in Blunderland
14-Apr-11, 13:57
Erm will they not be leaving them up to remind us which Party to vote for in next months Scottish Parliament election ................then take them down saves a lot of volunteers a lot of work.:D

rob1
14-Apr-11, 14:25
Any chance of getting these taken down now as the election was a week ago? The candidates are quick enough to litter every lampost in town with them but not so quick to take them away.

Is it the 12th May already? That was one hell of a nap

MusicWicker
14-Apr-11, 14:37
Doh, Shows how interested in politics I am! :roll:

pmcd
14-Apr-11, 15:43
Oh - THAT kind of election sign! I thought you meant the kind I like to display to would-be trough-sniffers who throw plastic promises in my direction in exchange for getting their snouts in. Those signs should ALWAYS be on display, lest the little tossers think they're in charge, and not (as they should be) our servants.

bobbyrussell09
14-Apr-11, 15:45
its a wonder some bairn aint climed the lampost to take one ,i know i have done it in past

John Little
14-Apr-11, 15:59
its a wonder some bairn aint climed the lampost to take one ,i know i have done it in past

Aye - but did you forget something while you were up there?...

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/johnlittle21/101129_bike.jpg

Walter Ego
14-Apr-11, 18:37

That is because they are all too fat and weak these days.

Cape Crusader
14-Apr-11, 22:47
The random display of properly-configured election posters does not constitute fly posting.
The practice is permitted under both Planning (Control of Advertisements) and Representation of the People Acts.
But, I believe that those election posters MUST be removed within a specified period (10 or 14 days?) of election day.
Transgressions are regarded as Planning offences and are punishable by fines. Action should be implemented by the local Planning authority.

The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's alright with the rest of you, please.

Buttercup
19-Apr-11, 21:35
Can anyone enlighten me as to the purpose of these signs? Surely they honestly don't think that plastering them all over the place will influence people to vote for them! [disgust]
You can't even avoid them(candidates) by sitting at home now as I had an unsolicited phone call from Robbie Rowantree yesterday ~ they're as annoying as Window sales calls ~ no prizes for guessing who I WON'T be voting for. :lol:

donnick
19-Apr-11, 21:43
OMG dont get me started on this .............my pet hate..[evil]