PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Topic

squidge
14-Oct-04, 11:34
Hmmmm I had some really important points i want to make about the disappering topic! I think there are some important issues to be discussed about the reason for both the media reaction and the populations reaction to Maxine Carr. I dont understand why it keeps disappearing. How it can be discussed here without it being whipped away after I and probably others have spent some time thinking about what we feel, researching some of the issues and getting ready to post a considered response?

Maxine Carr has been tried and convicted and therefore her misdemeanors are in the public domain and open to discussion and scrutiny. I am sure her address and telephne numbers should not be posted here but surely we can be allowed to discuss it.

jac1791
14-Oct-04, 11:42
well said!!!!!!!

tides of pentland firth
14-Oct-04, 11:52
...her misdemeanors are in the public domain and open to discussion and scrutiny...

What midemeanors? If she is trying to get on with her life then fine, let her. It would be different if it were a mass muderer or a notorious *** attacker. If she does live here, (which is probably nonsense, you know what Wick is like) then so what, it's not hurting anyone. If it is a right to know who you are living next to then it is a right to move on from your mistakes and live your life without hindrance. I know which right is more important.

squidge
14-Oct-04, 12:07
I absolutely agree with you tides -without a doubt - the thing is that i am not being able to say it. The topic keeps disappearing. He misdemeanors are those for which she has been tried and convicted and not some which are awaiting a court date or of which she has simply be accused. Because this is post conviction we should surely be allowed to discuss it. It doesnt make sense to have it removed. I am sure she is not in Wick too, but i cant challenge those who want to take a big stick and beat down her door, nor those that liken her to Myra Hindley - ridiculously so if you ask me. I cant make my points cos it keep sbeing deleted and I dont get it.

Her crime is in the public domain, her identity related to that crime is in the public domain we should be allowed to discuss both those crimes and the publics reactions to it.

grmacken
14-Oct-04, 12:47
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3883087.stm

This is why the threads are removed from the forums, stop being idiots and putting caithness.org at risk. they have to remove it to avoid being screwed over in court.

squidge
14-Oct-04, 12:53
Ok grmacken I can see that the posts relating to her wherabouts should not be allowed but there are wider issues to be discussed and people with horrid and unacceptable views on how to react should have them challenged. I just feel that there is room for those of us of a more tolerant and balanced approach to have something worthwhile to say about this. Maybe make those people who are havering over which way to jump - crazed moronic vigilante or balanced socially responsible member of a tolerant society - would be swayed by a sensible examination of the issues surroounding the reactions to this particular woman and her crime.

grmacken
14-Oct-04, 13:18
would be more sensable taking these discussions to another forum somewhere else that is not linked with caithness

squidge
14-Oct-04, 13:30
Ok tell me where i have my bag packed :D

webmannie
14-Oct-04, 18:06
http://www.knowhere.co.uk/board/kb3394/

they seem to have an anything goes attitude

bacardibabe
14-Oct-04, 19:38
the social work,police etc should just get her out of wick for good.

ŠAmethyst
14-Oct-04, 20:35
She's gotta live somewhere, bacardibabe.

Just like you and I have to live somewhere.

We've all done wrong things, and maybe Huntley pulled the wool over her eyes a little - I doubt we'll ever know, but Carr has been punished, she has to live with what has happened, and that's going to be haunting her for the rest of her life.

Why can't we live and let live?

Just because someone's wrong-doings have been media-ised doesn't mean they don't deserve a roof over their heads, and if it is in Caithness, so be it.

I think I've mentioned before that we've been becoming a country of self-obsessed lay-abouts... I'm ashamed to say that Caithness is part of that.

C'mon guys, wherever she goes, there'll be people who don't want her there. But the way we're trying to 'get her out of here' is not very hospitable. I thought that other Caithnesians were able to look beyond what people have done in the past and saw people for what they have the potential to be.

Obviously I was wrong.

'Live and let live' seems to have no meaning here.

zagor
14-Oct-04, 21:41
@Amethyst you have either just moved to this county, have rose tinted glasses or have been extremely lucky.
Caithnessians in general although extremely generous in someways tend not to
look beyond what people have done in the past and saw people for what they have the potential to be

Many people in this county never forget things that you have done in your past and never let them be forgotten.

This latest train about the particular person and the attitude of people doesn't surprise me although I have to say that I have more to worry about than where some young and seemingly niavely stupid girl chooses (or not) to live.
People should just leave her alone she has paid dearly for falling in love with the wrong person (as have many) and I really think she gave him an alibi because she blindly trusted him.

Apocalypse
14-Oct-04, 22:20
she is not living in wick any more i was told she was moved but i also heard that she wears a wig and doesn't leave the house so it might be all stories u know wick but i she is still living here the police or some1 should take her out we dont want people lek at in caithness we are nice ppl [lol]

girnigoe
14-Oct-04, 23:14
Does anyone know where this rumour started from in the first place??? :confused

JAWS
15-Oct-04, 01:05
I don't know where the rumour started but I would think that the last place she would be is in Caithness if she wishes to be anonymous and live a normal life unnoticed by all.

That is no criticism of Caithness but it would be like somebody with a broad Caithness accent trying to hide in a Cornish or Welsh village and hoping to blend in with the community without being noticed.
As soon as you opened your mouth, guess what? "Hello. You aren't from round here are you?" and try saying "Yes, all my life!"

grmacken
15-Oct-04, 10:08
this thread will be deleated now :roll:

squidge
15-Oct-04, 11:47
I give up!!!!

Maybe I ll wait a wee while and look at this again - seems to me its still worth discussing

we shall see

ŠAmethyst
15-Oct-04, 12:49
People should just leave her alone she has paid dearly for falling in love with the wrong person (as have many) and I really think she gave him an alibi because she blindly trusted him.

That's more or less what I was getting at, only, you said it far more effectively than I did, zagor.

champagnebaby
15-Oct-04, 13:06
I don't see the point in her being put up here. As soon as people start recognising her(wig or no wig) she's going to get a hard time, maybe dirty looks from adults and abuse shouted at her from teenagers.

I reckon it won't be long before she wants to move on, i certainly don't know anyone wanting to befriend her. . . . . . . .

Maybe Gizmo, Phoenix, Tides of pentland firth and Squidge could set up a friends group like the vicar has for Frank Bernard in Emmerdale - see how many takers there are for that.

girnigoe
15-Oct-04, 13:27
Well said Champagnebaby :D

gravedigga
15-Oct-04, 13:31
You certainly wouldn't get me joining the friends group, be interesting to see how many ppl would turn up for someting like that though - bet it wouldn't be many.

gooner
15-Oct-04, 15:45
where will it stop though? will we get the dregs and all the trash from all over the country just because we live in the far north or whatever?

codex
15-Oct-04, 17:30
Yup guess who else lives in wick under a false name and wears a curly wig...

[lol]

phoenix
15-Oct-04, 19:08
gooner.......Is there no dregs and trash up here already in Caithness. I mean the born and bread ones, the ones with big egos and even bigger heads. Youd think we were all perfect and sqeaky clean up here.

champagnebaby.........You dont need to be Maxine Carr to get dirty looks from adults and abuse from teenagers. Thats the norm up here isnt it? As for a friends group I dont think so. We shouldnt have to, if there were decent human beings out there, there would be no need.

If she was next door to me I would speak to her if she wanted to. Im not fussy like that. People are people the world over, must admit though there are some funny ones around. But then again they probably think Im funny.

As far as Im concerned its all in the past. Its time to move on and she should be allowed to do so wherever she is, and we should move on to. People find that very hard to do though, I mean to forget the past and move on. .

crayola
15-Oct-04, 19:48
Phoenix, most folk know who the dregs and trash are, but we shouldn't name names selectively.

This debate is getting a little unruly. Perhaps I could issue a plea for some locally-respected campaigners and voices of reason to join in the discussion and take control. Where are you when we need you Zael, concerned resident, Lynne Duncan and your like?

Maybe we could have a sort of organised discussion group with Zael as convenor, a sort of elder-statesman David Dimbleby figure.

Gizmo
15-Oct-04, 20:38
I gotta agree with Phoenix, i would speak to her if she lived next door to me, but i would have a big problem with her living next door to me, nothing to do with her personally, just all the muppets and media brain washed sheep that would constantly be outside her door breaking windows and shouting 'Murderer'

I stand by my belief that is she was a gorgeous blonde she would have been treated completely different by the media, if she looked like Rachel Stevens or Kylie Minogue she would have been treated with a lot more sympathy, but because she's a bit of a minger and that photo of her that is always used made her look quite evil she has been treated with utter contempt, cos' thats how shallow the media and general public are.

This woman was conned by an evil man and she believed everything he told her, men are by nature very devious and clever at convincing women to believe whatever they want them to, i know, ask my ex-wife, everytime she was told that i was cheating on her i managed to talk my way out of it, even tho i was being a total jerk and messing with anything i could get a hold of, you can get a gullible person to believe anything if your good enough, just like Ian Huntly did to Maxine Carr.

She was charged with, and rightly found guilty of lying by giving Ian Huntly, the man she loved, a false alibi, not conspiracy to murder, she's not an evil woman, she's a very gullible stupid woman, yet she gets treated as if she had murdered those poor girls herself, it's a sad shallow ignorant world that we live in.

Let this woman live in peace and try to rebuild her life, even tho it wouldnt have changed a thing, she has to live with the guilt that she lied ( knowingly or not) for a very evil man, the last thing she needs is the witch hunt that seems to follow her everywhere she goes.

JAWS
16-Oct-04, 06:39
There are none so blind as those who won't see!

macc
16-Oct-04, 14:44
Well I agree with gooner, we are getting all the dregs up here and we don't want them!!! Yes we do have plenty dregs of our own agreed so why do we need even more whats worse we don't want anymore English dregs. Maxine Carr won't be up here to find employment, she will be living of our taxes like most of the others moving up here. Has anyone noticed the amount of incomers moving in on sticks etc... claiming all their benefits and living in nice houses. Its time that the people up here took a stand and started to stand up like they do doon sooth and say no we don't want them up here. If they can't be accepted back to their own local area why should be be afflicted with them.

wickchick
16-Oct-04, 14:57
well said ! if her own town dont want her why should we have her :D

trinkie
16-Oct-04, 16:03
You are so right Golach,
I have been saddened by what I have read here coming from Caithness folk!

Everyone should be given another chance.

I hope this person will find kindness and understanding and peace of mind ...whereever

gravedigga
16-Oct-04, 17:07
Well i'm glad to see that me, girnigoe and jaws ain't the only ones who don't want her here. As we were being portrayed as 'crazed moronic vigilantes' - quote Squidge. Just for saying what we think and that being that we don't want her on our doorstep.

Why should we be all forgiving and accept her in to our community?? Just cos some people feel the need to be like that, why?? to make them feel better about themselves, make them feel as if they're a nice person or is it the 'christian thing to do'??.

I'm more than happy the way i am. :)

gooner
16-Oct-04, 18:40
What I said earlier does not necessarily accurately reflect my own point of view, it is just another opinion. I know there are plenty undesirables up here already , born and bred too, as you say, but why should we take folk who are not accepted anywhere else because of their previous actions/behaviour. In my student years the only place I could get digs was in an "undesirable" part of the city, where all the druggies and general riff raff were housed, just to keep them out the more "desirable" areas, and the place was like nowhere I have ever stayed before, or want to again - or want any of my family or friends staying for that matter. Will it end up like this up here maybe?
But, saying all that, if I were to find her my neighbour, I would say hello and wouldn't want any malicious behaviour towards her, I just wouldn't take her into my circle of friends and would not get involved. (Even if she wanted to, that is.) As for the "Christian" attitude - yeh right.

phoenix
16-Oct-04, 20:06
Shes the one that has to live with what or what she hasnt done. The same as we have to live with the consequences of our thoughts our deeds and our actions. No-one is responsible for them except ourselves. If we stopped pointing the finger for a minute or two, and stop judging and critisicing and take a good look in the mirror instead, it would serve some of us better. We all do it, isnt it about time we stopped doing it and started behaving like human beings instead of animals. And gravedigga its got nothing to do with being a "good Christian" or a "nice person" so as to feel better about yourself. Yes I want to feel good about myself, why not. To thine own self be true..Maybe try raising your level of understanding a bit then youll understand where Im coming from.......Theres none so blind as them that cannot see. Then again that depends on how you see and what you want to see..

JAWS
17-Oct-04, 00:34
Yes she has to live with what she's done.

As you say, we all have to live with what we have done. Unfortunately it does not stop there and many people really do wish that it did. The sad fact is that other people also have to live with what we have done and often the pain they suffer is often far greater than ours.

I can almost guarantee that the parents of those two young girls are suffering far more than that smug little madam who gave no thought or sympathy to the parents when she was busy lying through her teeth to protect her boy-friend.
Her "I cannot tell a lie, he got me to do it." just does not wash with me.

My sympathy goes to the parents, relatives, friends and all the other people involved with those children who every day must stop and thing "If only ...." and wonder if they should have seen or done something which might have prevented their murders.

They are the ones who are going through Hell. The only Hell Carr is going through is that she got caught in her lies.

crayola
17-Oct-04, 15:09
Oh no, not another Elvis rumour? :D

Ok, enough nonsense.

How would I react if the woman in question moved into the Care in the Community house a couple of doors along from me? I almost certainly wouldn't join a campaign for her to be removed, and I would most likely speak to her. I can't imagine welcoming her with open arms, and I would almost certainly have a negative gut reaction if she showed too much interest in my children. I suspect I would simply tolerate her, just like I tolerate the people living there now.

I am not convinced by the 'love is blind' excuses for her behaviour, but, based on what I have read about her, I wouldn't dream of mentioning her in the same breath as Myra Hindley. Of course she did wrong, and I would be pretty sure she knew she was doing wrong, not just wrong but very very horrible and despicable wrong.

I am unimpressed by the suggestion that Caithness, especially Wick, is being used as a dumping ground for the UK's undesirables.
It smells of 'let's blame someone else for our/my current problems'.

zappster
20-Oct-04, 15:01
Has anyone who has posted on here even seen this person :eek: ...probably not...just the Wick rumor mill goin' into overdrive again.
:lol:

JammyDodger69
20-Oct-04, 15:55
Wow didn't realise this was happening, all this discussion over something that no one has any hard proof off..

And if she is there, I'm pretty sure she's gonna keep herself to herself, and I'm not gonna comment on what I would do if I did see her cause well I don't know her, don't know the facts..

But I don't blame people for being angry towards her about the two girls and their family's pain that they are going thro..

But I think we should have the facts before we drag her into the villiage square and hang her from the nearest tree..

Keiss_gal
20-Oct-04, 18:28
Well my own opinion is that this thread should now be laid to rest as the talked about person has supposedly left Wick and has now moved on to new pastures

tides of pentland firth
20-Oct-04, 22:59
I heared a story, that after the WW2, Hittler escaped to a giant complex in the forests of Argentina, and lived out his days in great luxury. As did many of his fellow Nazis.

Does anyone else know of this?

JAWS
21-Oct-04, 00:17
It can't be true Tides, I'm sure I once saw him waiting fot the Orkney Ferry. :evil