PDA

View Full Version : SSPCA -Ruby Chinchilla

demac-artist
13-Apr-11, 21:51
Hi all

I have been eyeing up Ruby for the last couple of weeks on the SSCPA website and the Courier has also posted a piccy of her. She looks like an absolute darling.

i would love to give her a forever home and after the snip hopefully bond her with my Titch but unfortunately I have no spare cage. I can't afford a £90 cage does anyone have a metal cage that they no longer uses for free or want pittance for it that is suitable for Degus or Chinchillas, as all the money would go to new toys and bed etc for her. My boy is nearly 3 and with her being 5 they would go through most of their life together.

My Titch

Deanne, Wick

bod1403
14-Apr-11, 10:46
Have a look in the free stuff Deanne, there was a chinchilla cage a few weeks back with a bit of luck it could still be there.
Hope you get Ruby :)

Dadie
14-Apr-11, 13:07
Oh I remember when I got Chinchin done, he sat hunched in his cage looking very sorry for himself for days, almost going for anyone who put their hands in the cage, and he was such a loving boy usually.
So good luck with the op!
Maybe you could get away with just a smaller cage for op recovery?
And gradually introducing them to each other by having the cages next to each other...then free range in the livingroom together etc....and the next you know they will be snuggled up together...
Even making a cage will cost about the £90-£100 mark by the time you get the thicker guage wire and its hard to get trays the right sort of size for the bottom and tin sheeting is harder to cut and fold than it looks without cutting youself and blisters (been there done that).
And within 3 weeks I could leave mine in the same cage and it only took that long because I was the one trying to slow things down.
My 2 were really well bonded and when Chinchin died Emma starved herself to death pining...nothing wrong with her the vets could find for her not eating.