PDA

View Full Version : Singing ladies

Gleber2
05-Sep-06, 21:04
Tain's mina Taylor and Thurso's 'Empty House" will be openiong for Texas singer Katy Moffat at the Lighthouse on Wednesday 13 Sept. Katy is superb and not to be missed. All my friends on he Org are cordially invited to PM me and book a place for what could be a brilliant ladies night and recording. http://members.aol.com/klmoffatt/ will get her site I hope. A search of her name will confirm.

airdlass
05-Sep-06, 22:21
I've seen Katy Moffat in concert and she is definately worth going to see. Should be a good night.

Gleber2
06-Sep-06, 13:47
I've seen Katy Moffat in concert and she is definately worth going to see. Should be a good night.

I have never seen her live but I have heard selections from her albums of which she has made about 14. Brilliant and very similar to Eva Cassidy. Her brother, Hugh Moffat, wrote one of the songs on Johhny Cash's last CD.

The Pepsi Challenge
07-Sep-06, 04:20
Have seen Moffat a couple of times, too. No' bad as they say in some quarters.

Chobbersjnr
07-Sep-06, 15:31
Have seen Moffat a couple of times, too. No' bad as they say in some quarters.

as well as looking good MWAHAHA the lady can sing & aw

should be a cracker o' a nicht

Look forward to hearing Empty Hoose & all

Chobbersjnr
08-Sep-06, 15:24
lots of space in the house for live music lovers

PM myself or Gleber2

ta
Cjnr.

canuck
09-Sep-06, 14:42
I wish that I could be there Gleber2 and Chobbersjnr.

Well, if not this concert, maybe one someday. At least now I know all the airlines flying into Scotland after trying to get a ticket for August 24th.

Chobbersjnr
09-Sep-06, 14:47
one day, sometime, somewhere & in some way you'll be at a makeshift gig (in the flesh that is)

I can't wait to hear/meet KM

looking forward

-------------------->:D "good evening & welcome":D

canuck
10-Sep-06, 02:22
Just remember that your Caithnessian accent will be a little strange for her. You may need to slow down a bit and translate a great number of the expressions you use. Don't tell her that she "went down a bomb" because she, like I did, might think that you said that she "bombed out."

canuck
12-Sep-06, 03:36
Have you got a full house yet?

Gleber2
12-Sep-06, 03:48
Have you got a full house yet?
Not a full house but as good a crowd as we had for Tristam Seume. We should be sending out the Web cam picture again if Kev Plastic Food gets his act together. Katy Moffat is getting a lot of airplay and newspaper coverage this week.

canuck
12-Sep-06, 15:55
Not a full house but as good a crowd as we had for Tristam Seume. We should be sending out the Web cam picture again if Kev Plastic Food gets his act together. Katy Moffat is getting a lot of airplay and newspaper coverage this week.

Great! I'll watch for it. Let's hope that kev and I can do the web cam link without the 80 e-mails it took us the last time to stay on track.

Reev
13-Sep-06, 01:41
web cam link, have i missed something?!?!?!?!??????????????????

:confused

airdlass
13-Sep-06, 06:12
Tain's mina Taylor and Thurso's 'Empty House" will be openiong for Texas singer Katy Moffat at the Lighthouse on Wednesday 13 Sept. Katy is superb and not to be missed. All my friends on he Org are cordially invited to PM me and book a place for what could be a brilliant ladies night and recording. http://members.aol.com/klmoffatt/ will get her site I hope. A search of her name will confirm.

Have a great night tonight!

Gleber2
13-Sep-06, 13:54
web cam link, have i missed something?!?!?!?!??????????????????

:confused
Web cam has been cancelled.

airdlass
14-Sep-06, 13:15
Wondered how the evening went last night?

Gleber2
14-Sep-06, 16:17
Wondered how the evening went last night?

Superb............

Ann
14-Sep-06, 18:29
Yes, superb is a good description; such talent!
Mina Taylor is just a slip of a lass but boy you should hear her voice! Isaac and Mina put on a great performance.

Empty House; beautiful harmonies as usual and a bit of craic between the ladies Katrina and Sally, and Charlie the guitarist.

And Katy Moffat; a great performer with a very emotional voice singing some great songs; thanks Gleber2 for yet another great night out.

Chobbersjnr
14-Sep-06, 22:46
WOW!!!!!!!

still bouncing off the walls

omigod katy can sing!!

Blue Angel, man...........loving it

she's my hero:cool: