PDA

View Full Version : It's gone!

Mother Bear
05-Sep-06, 19:13
I thought I was past doing this but it seems not. Have just spent the last hour writing a long overdue letter to a relative, [yes, I like writing long newsy letters to send in an old fashioned envelope!] with loads of family news etc, and now it has gone! I was writing it as a Word document and I titled it and saved it, but when I click on that title the page is blank! There must be a key on the left hand side that I pressed for it all to disappear. Is there anyway I can find it? I know it is in there somewhere!!Can anyone help please?
I usually phone my computer whiz bro' but he is abroad on holiday!!lol

Tiger Jones
05-Sep-06, 19:37
If you haven't yet closed the document you could try 'undoing' until you get to a previous state. (Edit > Undo or Ctrl+z)

If you've closed it, go to open it. Before selecting Open, right click on the file and select properties. If its size is zero bytes then you've lost it.

There's an option for recovering files in Word but I'm not up on that. I can look into it if the other options don't bear fruit.

Tiger Jones
05-Sep-06, 19:45
Tools > Options > Save

If Save AutoRecover info every: is checked, you might be able to recover your file - or part of it anyway.

Mother Bear
05-Sep-06, 19:50
Thanks Tiger! I just 'undid' and there it was!! Thanks very much! Hopefully I will remember that, if there is a next time.! Thanks again.

Tiger Jones
05-Sep-06, 19:53
Thanks Tiger! I just 'undid' and there it was!! Thanks very much! Hopefully I will remember that, if there is a next time.! Thanks again.
Ah, that's great! Happy to help.