PDA

View Full Version : Murza Farm, Bower - Photos Request

Bill Fernie
11-Apr-11, 11:12
I received this requests today and wondered if anyone can help this man with any old photos of the farm. If anyone has any photos they can share please email them to me bill@caithness.org and I wil forward them to Stephen Begg

Hi Bill,

I don't know if you can help me but I am trying to find some pictures of Murza Farm, Bower.

A little bit of history.

I was born in a farm cottage there in 1949. I believe it was one of a block of 4 or 5. The building still exists but not in the same format. The outside wall has been skimmed over and all the inside dividing walls have been removed. The building is now a hay store.

On a recent visit to the Caithness area I visited the farm and spoke to the present owner, Mr Gunn. He tells me his father bought the farm in 1961 and that the alterations had already been carried out. He told me that the previous owners were a family called Henderson, (I think) and he also thought that they would have owned the farm when my father worked there.

I lived there with my parents, John Stephen and Jessie Begg, also my older brother and sister, Allen and Frances. My sister died following a tragic accident in March, 1950 at the age of 23 months. I believe my parents moved to England soon after.

My request.

Could you through your web site please try and trace any pictures that may exist of the farm and cottages as they were then and also if possible get some copies for me.

Yours with kind regard,

Stephen Begg.