PDA

View Full Version : a little help required

AliciaMackinnon
10-Apr-11, 10:36
hi all....

Some of you might remember me posting a thread about my mother in law's coal going missing?

well now it's gotten much worse

There are people in my street that don't like how there is people going into the houses owned by the council.

Strange thing is when both myself and my mother in law's family moved into the street we were informed that the people in the street did not like council tenants and that they would do everything possible to get us out!

Anyway one of our neighbors has had stuff found outside his house of a matter concerning the police (not to say too much)

Now he has been evicted (that was a council house).

Previous tenants of both my house and my mother in laws house have left due to problems as well!

To be honest it's all a bit suspect.

Now back to my mother in law. We had noticed that coal had been going missing and the gates being left open during the night, so my husband started bolting the gate shut, now that has stopped but my mother in law has two collies that tend to mind there own business most of the time. they get out at around 11 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon and about 10 at night (give or take a little while). Our neighbors know when the dogs go out along to our local field (which you have to walk along the street to get to, past everyone's front door) One of our neighbours has taken to standing around outside when he know's my mother in law is going be going to the park (this is a pain because the dogs feel intimidated by him). My mother in law stopped walking the dogs at the same time everyday to avoid him but now when she does take the dogs out if he is in he is writing down when the dogs go out!

We have also noticed someone has been leaving dog dirt outside our gate (goodness knows how) And then framing our dogs for it (Our dogs would never go to the toilet on there own patch!)

The other thing is that although my husband's bolts the gate shut someone is coming along and opening the gate (not only that but they are propping it open too!) Although coal is not going missing now. But my mother in law lets the dog's out the back door in the morning and if the gate is open they like to go a little wander!

We feel that these thing's are happening so that whoever can go down to the council and complain about the dog's etc!

What can we do, is it a police matter?

Help

orkneycadian
10-Apr-11, 11:22
The other thing is that although my husband's bolts the gate shut someone is coming along and opening the gate (not only that but they are propping it open too!) Although coal is not going missing now. But my mother in law lets the dog's out the back door in the morning and if the gate is open they like to go a little wander!

How about suggesting to your MIL that she checks the gate is shut before letting the mutts out? If its open, then shut it and then let them out?

Failing that, you could always run an extension lead out to it and electrify it, or borrow a pair of snarling rottweilers for the day to see what Mr Intimidator thinks then!

Crackeday
10-Apr-11, 11:45
Why not rig a webcam up pointing at the gate? I believe there is software you can get that records it, that way when you catch the culprit you can report it and have hard evidence of what's going on.
And I believe dog mess is a finable offence so if you catch them at that they will have the shame of going to court and getting there name in the paper!!!!!!!

orkneycadian
10-Apr-11, 12:08
I still think making sure the gate is shut before letting the dogs out might be a lot easier and cheaper! ;) And more likely to win support from whoever you are going to report this "heinous crime" caught on tape to!

Beat Bug
10-Apr-11, 14:12
A web cam will catch who ever is doing this. My sister had problems with someone smashing her car windows, when the car was in the drive, but once she installed a web cam, it all stopped!

ducati
10-Apr-11, 21:03
hi all....

Some of you might remember me posting a thread about my mother in law's coal going missing?

well now it's gotten much worse

There are people in my street that don't like how there is people going into the houses owned by the council.

Strange thing is when both myself and my mother in law's family moved into the street we were informed that the people in the street did not like council tenants and that they would do everything possible to get us out!

Anyway one of our neighbors has had stuff found outside his house of a matter concerning the police (not to say too much)

Now he has been evicted (that was a council house).

Previous tenants of both my house and my mother in laws house have left due to problems as well!

To be honest it's all a bit suspect.

Now back to my mother in law. We had noticed that coal had been going missing and the gates being left open during the night, so my husband started bolting the gate shut, now that has stopped but my mother in law has two collies that tend to mind there own business most of the time. they get out at around 11 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon and about 10 at night (give or take a little while). Our neighbors know when the dogs go out along to our local field (which you have to walk along the street to get to, past everyone's front door) One of our neighbours has taken to standing around outside when he know's my mother in law is going be going to the park (this is a pain because the dogs feel intimidated by him). My mother in law stopped walking the dogs at the same time everyday to avoid him but now when she does take the dogs out if he is in he is writing down when the dogs go out!

We have also noticed someone has been leaving dog dirt outside our gate (goodness knows how) And then framing our dogs for it (Our dogs would never go to the toilet on there own patch!)

We feel that these thing's are happening so that whoever can go down to the council and complain about the dog's etc!

What can we do, is it a police matter?

Help

I would have a word with the housing association or housing officer first. They can’t do anything I suspect but you could find out if this intimidation is a regular occurrence. Then go to the Police with anything they have said. In the light of some very disturbing recent cases, I would imagine the police would take intimidation seriously.