PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Quad

Stefan
09-Apr-11, 18:37
Was just getting some petrol from Thurso to put in my quad parked on the drive in Halkirk but when I got home the quad had vanished.
I don't usually see the quad as I get home in the dark from the croft. The quad could have been gone for days. My wife said she never really gave it any thought as she would have thought I took it back to the croft.
It's a blue kids quad Raptor 110cc with fitted tow bar. My only means of getting water out to the pigs on warmer days when they can drink well over 100L a day.

Gutted as I will now have to carry the water out to them although I suffer from chronic back pain! I also have a large pile of firewood that needs moving, which I now have to carry rather than pile up in the trailer...

As if life wasn't hard enough as a lone crofter without machinery, they take the only thing I managed to buy to make my life a little easier.

Shame on you !

http://stefanpagel.com/quad1.jpg

Commore
09-Apr-11, 18:59
Was just getting some petrol from Thurso to put in my quad parked on the drive in Halkirk but when I got home the quad had vanished.
I don't usually see the quad as I get home in the dark from the croft. The quad could have been gone for days. My wife said she never really gave it any thought as she would have thought I took it back to the croft.
It's a blue kids quad Raptor 110cc with fitted tow bar. My only means of getting water out to the pigs on warmer days when they can drink well over 100L a day.

Gutted as I will now have to carry the water out to them although I suffer from chronic back pain! I also have a large pile of firewood that needs moving, which I now have to carry rather than pile up in the trailer...

As if life wasn't hard enough as a lone crofter without machinery, they take the only thing I managed to buy to make my life a little easier.

Shame on you !

http://stefanpagel.com/quad1.jpg

Sorry to read this news Stefan, you can perhaps now understand our devastation when last April we lost the use of our two tractors, a quad, a diesel generator, a compressor, and a multitude of other small equipment, after some rather inconsiderate microscopical entity decided to himself, he would and I quote "put paid to us".

Our equipment may not have been new, it was nevertheless, an essential asset to our croft and cannot be replaced easily, if ever.

I hope you get yours back,
ours were rendered useless where they sat on our croft.

highland red
09-Apr-11, 23:19
What the hell is going on? I really didn't expect to hear such stories on here. Is there some sort of concerted effort going on here to harm peoples interests?

I live in Halkirk myself and I'm pretty shocked.

Really sorry to hear this stuff, and I really hope the culprits are found.
All the best HR.

Tugmistress
10-Apr-11, 08:50
it's an easily recognisable quad, as we have seen it, and apart from the fact of an added towbar there is some damage to the front ;)

Stefan i will be looking out for it for you and i hope a few other people do too, to have it stolen from the drive at the side of the house in the middle of halkirk is a total and utter disgrace!

let's hope it's returned soon!