PDA

View Full Version : the mound

opel
08-Apr-11, 23:25
does only 1 ken is that a new speed cam on a pole at the side of the road at the mound.past 2 night and i got 2 red flashes from it.i was only doing 66mph.

rob1
09-Apr-11, 00:54
Saw it a few weeks ago. i don't think it is a speed cam. I think it is an LED sign that when activated will flash up a triangle road sign regarding the junction at the top of the hill.

Walter Ego
09-Apr-11, 07:44
Yes, it's a speed camera. They're putting two on the Causeymire and one at Hempriggs as well.

Walter Ego
09-Apr-11, 07:46
does only 1 ken is that a new speed cam on a pole at the side of the road at the mound.past 2 night and i got 2 red flashes from it.i was only doing 66mph.

'Only'? 60 limit isn't it?

theone
09-Apr-11, 10:26
One of the only stretches of road between here and Inverness where you can see ahead for over a mile.

At least if they've got money for these cameras they must have plenty to repair all the pot holes too?

stekar
09-Apr-11, 10:53
I read something a while ago that a motorist had been done for speeding there and it's a 50mph limit. But I've never seen any signs saying it's 50mph.

bekisman
09-Apr-11, 11:06
Had a look at this: http://www.nscp.co.uk/site/locations/ (http://www.nscp.co.uk/site/locations/) only shows one at 'Cambusmore Lodge' additionally the Coppers say; "During the week commencing Monday, 4 April 2011, mobile safety cameras will be deployed at the following locations:
Caithness and Sutherland
A9 south of the Mound, by Golspie
A949 Evelix Road, Dornoch

northener
09-Apr-11, 12:45
I read something a while ago that a motorist had been done for speeding there and it's a 50mph limit. But I've never seen any signs saying it's 50mph.

60mph at the Mound.

orkneycadian
09-Apr-11, 13:09
Depends what you are driving.

Car with trailer = 50 mph
Transit type van = 50 mph
Goods vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes = 50 mph
Goods vehicle over 7.5 tonnes = 40 mph

bekisman
09-Apr-11, 14:14
Not applicable to Scotland, but seems it's Ok to do 86mph on the motorways and not get points. And in a 30mph zone it's 42mph before a speeding course kicks in..

"Most police forces in England and Wales have adopted new speeding guidelines that allow motorists to do up to 86mph and avoid points on their licence.
It means drivers can pay to do a speed awareness course instead, if caught at up to 10% above the limit plus 9mph.

Previously, only those travelling at up to 10% above the limit plus 6mph could be offered one of the courses.
For a 30mph zone, the upper limit for a speeding course would be 42mph.

This would rise to 86mph for motorways and other major roads, although the official limit remains the same.
Drivers can only attend one speed awareness course, costing between £60 and £100, in a three-year period.

"Clearly if someone is breaking the speed limit outside a school when the children are coming out at 3.15pm, it's a no brainer and they would be punished. But if it is 3am and there's no-one on the streets, there is a degree of discretion."

Hmmmm..:roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13022347

northener
11-Apr-11, 09:15
Yup, correct.

I assumed they were driving a car (mental note: never assume).

ducati
11-Apr-11, 10:05
Depends what you are driving.

Car with trailer = 50 mph
Transit type van = 50 mph
Goods vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes = 50 mph
Goods vehicle over 7.5 tonnes = 40 mph

Ducati 748 Sigma Racing = 183MPH :eek: What? oh sorry, I thought it was a competition.