PDA

View Full Version : pictures

Rachie101
08-Apr-11, 21:43
How do i ad a avatar picture to my profile because when i go to edit avatar it doesnt give me any options

thanks in advance

rachael

shazzap
08-Apr-11, 21:50
You can't yet Rachie101. You need to be a member for an amount of time. Or have made a number of posts.
I am not sure what the time scale or number needed now. But i am sure some one else will tell you.

Kodiak
08-Apr-11, 21:52
You have to have been a member for a set minimum of time or have posted a minimum amount of posts. I can not remember how many but when you qualify you will be able to post a avatar.

orkneycadian
08-Apr-11, 21:53
Or you could not bother with one, as some of us have it set so that others avatars don't show!

shazzap
08-Apr-11, 22:01
Or you could not bother with one, as some of us have it set so that others avatars don't show!

Is that because you have a slow connection.

orkneycadian
08-Apr-11, 22:06
Nope - Saves seeing pictures of folks kids or pets!

shazzap
08-Apr-11, 22:10
Nope - Saves seeing pictures of folks kids or pets!

Ha ha. You sound like my dad. :)

orkneycadian
08-Apr-11, 22:17
Same with the signatures. Turned off. Its either commercial advertising or nonsense! That way, you get more postings in per screen and need to scroll less!

shazzap
08-Apr-11, 22:22
Same with the signatures. Turned off. Its either commercial advertising or nonsense! That way, you get more postings in per screen and need to scroll less!
But if you are the only one doing it. What is the point.

orkneycadian
08-Apr-11, 22:30
Because for me, everyones avatars and signatures are gone! Couldnt give a monkeys what others see, but at least I don't have to look at pics of kids I have never met and will never know staring out at me!

shazzap
08-Apr-11, 22:36
Because for me, everyones avatars and signatures are gone! Couldnt give a monkeys what others see, but at least I don't have to look at pics of kids I have never met and will never know staring out at me!

Your serious arn't you. I thought it was just your sense of humour.

orkneycadian
08-Apr-11, 22:43
Yep! Just post after post all nicely arranged on the screen with no distracting pictures, commercial adverts for posters businesses and no witty (ahem....) signature statements! Just the raw postings! - Much tidier!

orkneycadian
08-Apr-11, 22:46
Or as admin have called it in the Settings section, "Extraneous clutter"! Perfect description!

shazzap
08-Apr-11, 22:51
Or as admin have called it in the Settings section, "Extraneous clutter"! Perfect description!

I suppose it is irrelevant to the post. But there are some nice and funny Avatars, and the same for signatures.

orkneycadian
08-Apr-11, 22:53
I can only go on what admin have called it. It doesnt say "tick here to remove nice and funny avatars / signatures" it says (something along the lines of) "tick here to remove extraneous clutter"!

Moira
08-Apr-11, 23:12
How do i ad a avatar picture to my profile because when i go to edait avatar it doesnt give me any options

thanks in advance

rachael

As others have said you do need to be a member here and/or have posted in order to have an Avatar.

Your best bet is to read the rules and regs at the top of the forum.

I'd ignore Orkneycadian who is obviously a Caithness wannabee.

orkneycadian
09-Apr-11, 08:45
I'd ignore Orkneycadian who is obviously a Caithness wannabee.

Quite possibly today with all this fog over here! ;)

northener
09-Apr-11, 10:16
Quite possibly today with all this fog over here! ;)

Can't you change your settings so that you cannot see the Haar?

Northener (avatar is mindblowingly interesting and my signature is an unbeleivable offer that shouldn't be missed by those who want eternal happyness and wealth):Razz

I bet you sneak a look now......;)

orkneycadian
09-Apr-11, 10:38
Well, closing the curtains seems to work! Bait dark in the house though.....

I think the chances of a sneak peek are slim.....!

dafi
09-Apr-11, 22:02
Ach well there you go then...lol

Far North Driving School
01955 631212
Covering Wick and the surrounding area.
Website is at: Far-North-Driving-School.co.uk

Vistravi
09-Apr-11, 23:14
How do i ad a avatar picture to my profile because when i go to edit avatar it doesnt give me any options

thanks in advance

rachael

You need to have 20 odd posts to have a an avater. Once your status as ne member changed to .orger you can have your avater.

wiifungii
07-Oct-11, 19:19
I was just wondering the same thing, How do I get an avatar on here......well there was no mention of time/post kid gloves stuff in edit profile so i had to do a search, and after reading this post I can see some people turn it all off anyway so they can read a bori...(ahem) tidy page.

orkneycadian
08-Oct-11, 13:52
well there was no mention of time/post kid gloves stuff in edit profile so i had to do a search.....

Its a tough old world - Consider it good practice in case you ever want to find out anything thats on the web or in e Org!

DeHaviLand
09-Oct-11, 00:40
You need to have 20 odd posts to have a an avater. Once your status as ne member changed to .orger you can have your avater.

Although we will accept interesting ones too!