PDA

View Full Version : Wick College

AllanT
07-Apr-11, 23:05
I just heard today that the Wick college campus at the Camps is going to be shut after the Summer. The college is going to be retaining the building but it will not be used for teaching.

Perhaps this has been discussed before and i have missed it! Is this the coalitions cuts starting to hit home?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wick-Wants-Work/190017934359184?ref=ts

sweetpea
07-Apr-11, 23:31
Anytime I've been in it on and off for the last few years there was nothing oging on except silver surfers. I don't know how they have been able to fund it this long.

The Music Monster
07-Apr-11, 23:54
This is really bad news... My sister links through from the Wick campus for all her UHI lectures. I guess she'll have to get to Thurso, then.

luskentyre
15-Apr-11, 00:18
Wick was always short-changed as far as the as the UHI were concerned and to close the entire campus is just wrong. They always made the most of the building with the addition of twilight sessions as well as evening classes. I hope this is just a temporary measure because they should be expanding the facilities, not closing them.

starfish
15-Apr-11, 00:31
Wick was always short-changed as far as the as the UHI were concerned and to close the entire campus is just wrong. They always made the most of the building with the addition of twilight sessions as well as evening classes. I hope this is just a temporary measure because they should be expanding the facilities, not closing them.

i total agree i have used the college for my courses from home sat exams there they were always friendly and helpful. i would have trouble going to thurso as i do not drive and had to fit my exams around my work pattern it will be end of my learning

rob1
15-Apr-11, 12:28

Any where would one get the money to fund this expansion?

orkneycadian
15-Apr-11, 22:59
If they were to run courses in using Google then I predict a very bright and busy future for them!

luskentyre
16-Apr-11, 00:14
Any where would one get the money to fund this expansion?

I'm merely suggesting that Wick deserves educational facilities comparable to it's sister town. Having two classrooms (soon to be none) is frankly pathetic.