PDA

View Full Version : Councillors "sold a pig in a poke"

concerned resident
12-Oct-04, 17:24
Unfortunately the local council have failed to take on board the concerns of some of the residents of Thurso, by voting for the Thurso east sewerage treatment plant, the concerns about the blot on the entrance to Thurso bay, and the smell history of Wicks plant made no difference, they were good old boys and rubber stamped it,
(Even in a report going before councillors, Mr Ewart (Caithness Area planning manager) said the plant needs to be operational by December 2005 to comply with the new Legislation. P&J 11-10-04) SEPA will not grant a licence until its concerns are addressed. If i was to put a plan to the planning office with so many past problems, and some of the problems still not resolved yet, I’m sure they would have passed it (in my dreams) I find it funny that somebody cannot build a house on an old croft site, because there are not enough stones left, yet a large plant from a kuango (Government) with a past history of mistakes gets the go ahead. Some Councillors are not there for the public now, they are now Government regulators, to enforce and not question. It probably didn’t help that our local MP sold the green field site to Scottish Water. The lack of any type of interest in the future of Thurso, is Thurso’s loss. The other residents who are not interested, will probably be, starting to look for there bags, to start packing, as they know their future at Dounreay is moving closer to an end, also UKAEA have not ruled out finishing the clean up, even earlier.
I can at least say I tried my best, and pray that its not as bad as it looked on paper, I at least know now that, to e-mail Caithness councillors and Highland MSP’s, they either ignore you, or agree and do nothing, they are all a waste of time. If they are not going to represent the people of Caithness they should do the honourable thing.
We need Councillors for Caithness, especially as so many companies have ceased lately, and the news from Dounreay might be good for dounreay, but it will hinder future investment in the area now, as they say the clock is ticking.

William
13-Oct-04, 00:19
is it not always the same with these people they only do what they want, that is why i see no point in voting cos it makes not a bit of difference once they get a bit of power it just goes to there head and no one matters then just them selfs.