PDA

View Full Version : Nik-Naks - Love 'em or Hate 'em?

cherokee
07-Apr-11, 18:29
Just wondering if other orgers are like me with regards to ornaments or nik-naks in our sitting rooms?

Most of mine I love, cos I chose them myself, but, others I feel I have to display for want of offending certain family members when they come around to visit !!! :eek:
Some family members may make something and think you should/would love to, have those items on display !!

Do you display all the stuff you're happy with, or would you rather your own eclectic mix? :cool:

trinkie
07-Apr-11, 18:36
“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful”

said by William Morris, it's a good code to live by.

Trinkie

theone
07-Apr-11, 18:37
I though this was going to be a thread about scampi flavoured crisps. Nevermind. Mmmm, Nik Naks..........

The Music Monster
07-Apr-11, 18:39
I though this was going to be a thread about scampi flavoured crisps. Nevermind. Mmmm, Nik Naks..........

Yep! Me,too!!! But I was thinking Nice N Spicy!!!

I love ornaments until it comes to dusting them!

sweetpea
07-Apr-11, 18:50
I used to love having ornaments about the place but this last few years I got rid of most of them, they are just dust catchers and have gone a bit minimalist. Have some that belonged to my nana in boxes in the loft as I can't get rid of them for sentimental reasons. Funnily though I have a thing about having ornaments in pairs, to kind of balance each other out.

joxville
07-Apr-11, 19:00
Nik-naks as ornaments: Can't be bothered with them.

Nik-naks the snack: Quite like them.

Nik-Nak that I work with: I don't trust him, he's a back-stabbing trouble-maker.