PDA

View Full Version : Euromillions?

lagertops
04-Sep-06, 21:33
Got a letter at the weekend from Spain saying I've won some dosh.All i have to do is phone a number and give bank details.Sounds fishy me thinks,anyone on here receive a letter?

connieb19
04-Sep-06, 21:37
Got a letter at the weekend from Spain saying I've won some dosh.All i have to do is phone a number and give bank details.Sounds fishy me thinks,anyone on here receive a letter?Bin it!! The phne call will cost you a fortune and you'll win a pen or something like that. [evil]

Royster1911
04-Sep-06, 21:39
Never recieved one recently but I think they must be holding millions for me. I Had 3 or 4 letters from the same company but from different countrys. They sure do get around.[disgust]

bigpete
04-Sep-06, 21:42
ME TOO!!

Dear Winner,
We are pleased to announce you as third category winner of this years annual ITACA Award. All winning addresses were randomly selected from a batch of 50,000,000 international emails. Consequently,you have therefore been approved for a total pay out of 250,000.00euros(Twohundred and fifty thousand euros)only.
The following particulars were attached to your lotto payment order (i)Lucky numbers: 8-67-44-23-69-33 (ii) Ticket number: 22413965456-7344 (iii) Batch Number: ECVC/15/768/TVHS (iv) lottery Ref Number:
OSS/232-ILGI0412/05 (v) Serial Number: ES- 498-5780-18 Your security file number is ES-S9980490465SD. Please contact the underlisted claims officer as soon as possible for the immediate
release of your winnings: Name: Anthonio Rubio Correa BRILA FM INSURANCE COMPANY Email:
brilafm@netscape.net (brilafm@netscape.net) TEL: +34- 653- 037-716 After the acknowlegement of the receipt of this winning
notification you would be sent a lottery claims/Apraisal form to fill and submit to our lawyer who will carry out the legalisation of the transfer of your winning.Do not forget to quote your reference number in all correspondence. contact the underlisted claims officer as soon as possible for the immediate release of your
winnings: Once again on behalf of all our staffs we are wishing you a big CONGRATULATIONS!!!Yours sincerely, Rita Bennett For Claims Officer The Lotto Company,Spain.

zappster
04-Sep-06, 21:46
Complete scam bin it

bigpete
04-Sep-06, 21:57
Get these too!! (had over 80 in last few years, I think I could make over $345billion).. I'll give it a miss this time, it's amazing but some people actually fall for these!)

BANK OF AFRICA (BOA)
OUAGADOU-BURKINA FASO

ATTN: SIR,

THIS MESSAGE MIGHT MEET YOU IN UTMOST SURPRISE.HOWEVER,IT'S JUST MY
URGENT NEED FOR FOREIGN PARTNER THAT MADE ME TO CONTACT YOU FOR THIS
TRANSACTION. I AM A BANKER BY PROFESSION FROM BURKINA FASO IN WEST AFRICA
AND CURRENTLY HOLDING THE POST OF FOREIGN REMITTANCE DIRECTOR IN OUR
BANK.

I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF TRANSFERRING THE LEFT OVER FUNDS
($15.5MILLION) OF ONE OF MY BANK CLIENTS WHO DIED ALONG WITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY ON
31 JULY 2000 IN A PLANE CRASH.
YOU CAN CONFIRM THE GENUINE OF THE DECEASED DEATH BY CLICKING ON THIS
WEB SITE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm)

HENCE, I AM INVITING YOU FOR A BUSINESS DEAL WHERE THIS MONEY CAN BE
SHARED BETWEEN US IN THE RATIO OF 60/40 IF YOU AGREE TO MY BUSINESS
PROPOSAL.

FURTHER DETAILS OF THE TRANSFER WILL BE FORWARDED TO YOU AS SOON AS I
RECEIVE YOUR RETURN MAIL.

MAY THE ALMIGHTY BE WITH YOU AS YOU ASSIST ME IN RECOVERING THIS FUND IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.

YOURS,

MR ABDULAZIZ.

smirnoff
04-Sep-06, 21:59
If You Phone The Number It Will Cost You £15 A Friend Sent Me An Email Warning Me About It

pultneytooner
04-Sep-06, 22:02
Scam, here (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Dear+Winner%2C++We+are+pleased+to+announc e+you+as+third+category+winner+of+this+years+annua l+ITACA+Award.+All+winning+addresses+were+randomly +selected+from+a+batch+of+50%2C000%2C000+internati onal+emails.+Consequently%2Cyou+have+therefore+bee n+approved+for+a+total+pay+out+of+250%2C000.00euro s%28Twohundred+and+fifty+thousand+euros%29only.&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8) is a google list.[lol]

lagertops
04-Sep-06, 22:20
The letters from Global fortune telling me due to a mix up your name has been drawn at random,and you've won 50000 euros.Their even looking for relatives address's.Sound like ,they want your identidy, to get others in the country!

taylor.4
04-Sep-06, 22:26
Got a letter at the weekend from Spain saying I've won some dosh.All i have to do is phone a number and give bank details.Sounds fishy me thinks,anyone on here receive a letter?I got one the other day, went straight in the bin:mad:

lagertops
04-Sep-06, 22:52
For sure, letter binned aswell,just wondering if anyone else got 1.Some people fall for things like this..

Whitewater
05-Sep-06, 09:15
Many scams on the rounds, anything asking you to phone or any personal details, banking or otherwise, are always scams. Genuine companies will never ask for details to be disclosed. Finally if you didn't by a ticket you will not win, nobody in this this world gives away fortunes to strangers for nothing.