PDA

View Full Version : Police force gains a medal award

Nwicker60
07-Apr-11, 13:50
Second bronze medal for the "best
police force in the United Kingdom"

NORTHERN CONSTABULARY has again successfully achieved a bronze award in recognition of Investors in People accreditation.
The force has been working the IIP standard for six years and first achieved accreditation in 2007. A further assessment was made in December 2010, and the Force was again successful, achieving a bronze award. The IIP standard is a recognised independent award and provides a good benchmark with other organisations in the area of people management.
Deputy Chief Constable Garry Sutherland received the bronze award on behalf of the Force on his last working day before retiring from Northern Constabulary.
He said: "When we set out to take part in the Investors in People standard, it was never about getting a badge to put on the wall. It was about improving our people management processes through using the independent advice. We are going through a difficult time of uncertainty and financial challenges, so it is even more important than ever that we value and treat our people as well as we cen."
The deputy chief continued: "The Force is committed to the development of all staff and in the most recent staff survey saw improvements in the responses to all the questions asked. In particular there was 70 per cent increase agreement with the statement: "I am satisfied with Northern Constabulary as my employer". I am delight our staff have given us this endorsement."
He added: "We still have a way to go, but we have really good people working for us and I am confident that the Force will continue to go from strength to strength.”.
Gary Sutherland, who hails from Castletown, joined Northern Constabulary as a cadet in September 1979 and has now completed thirty years service as an officer serving across the Force area. He has held the position of Deputy Chief Constable since 2003."
Garry was given a Chief Constable's Commendation by Chief Constable Ian Latimer on his retiral.
He said I offer my warmest congratulations to Northern's new Deputy Chief Constable, Andy Cowie, and wish him well in his new role. Those of us who are leaving the Force Executive at this time, are delighted to be handing over to a group of people whom I consider to be most capable leaders and I wish them all the very best."
He added: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Northern Constabulary in each of the ranks I have served and I take significant pride in the force and the high level of performance it sustains.
I genuinely believe we are the finest police force in the United Kingdom and that is down to the people who work for his organisation. I would just like to take this opportunity to convey my thanks to all officers and staff and to wish them all the very best for the future. If I have one wish for my retirement, it is that Northern Constabulary''s identity will remain for many years to come.”.