PDA

View Full Version : Applications for Wick Gala Queen and Attendants 2011

wickgala
07-Apr-11, 00:55
If you would like to be considered for 2011 Wick Gala Queen and Gala Queen Attendants then please read on.....

You must be attending Wick High School, be in year S4-S6 and live in the town of Wick to apply for any of the three positions.

If you are interested please contact Chairperson Donna Plowman on donnaplowman@btinternet.com or Vice Chairperson Kerry Gunn on kerry.gunn@btinternet.com for an application form.

Application forms are also available from Wick High School office.

CLOSING DATE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS - FRIDAY 29TH APRIL 2011

wickgala
10-Apr-11, 09:20
Bump ...........

gleeber
10-Apr-11, 10:03
I just wondered if in this modern age whether gala committees should not be considering Gala Kings to be representative of their yearly celebrations?

golach
10-Apr-11, 10:14
I will nominate Gleeber for Gala King [lol] Any seconders?

orkneycadian
10-Apr-11, 11:18
I just wondered if in this modern age whether gala committees should not be considering Gala Kings to be representative of their yearly celebrations?

I should say so, given that applications have to be submitted to the politically correct chairperson or vice chairperson!

gleeber
10-Apr-11, 11:30
I would be honoured if the Wick Gala committee were to consider me for the position of Gala King but I fear theres more than a gender issue at stake were I to be considered.
However that's not a no and if your stuck for a bonnie lassie in Wick.....

sids
10-Apr-11, 11:51
You must be attending Wick High School, be in year S4-S6 and live in the town of Wick to apply for any of the three positions.

That's very discriminatory. What chance does someone like Councillor Bush have of ever being Gala Queen if they have stupid rules like that?

orkneycadian
10-Apr-11, 17:50
I would be honoured if the Wick Gala committee were to consider me for the position of Gala King but I fear theres more than a gender issue at stake were I to be considered.
However that's not a no and if your stuck for a bonnie lassie in Wick.....

Gome on now Gleeber, now your being "looksist" as well as sexist! To avert any discrimination, the post should be open to Weekers of either gender, of any age and of any looks. That should open it up a bit, and should avert in any problems arising from trying to find a bonnie lassie in Wick!