PDA

View Full Version : Wash day blues!

Dadie
06-Apr-11, 14:59
Arrgggh.
Just noticed my washing machine still had not stopped...then looked at the program...my "little helpers" have put the bath mats on for the longest wash cycle my machine has..
3 and a half hours!
90 deg wash for very dirty stuff with prewash...I wanted them on at 60deg fast wash which only takes 45 mins.
Oh well thank goodness there isnt anything else in there that could be ruined by such a hot wash, like the ballet cardi or my fave top!
Or a red top on its first ever wash.....:)
And I meant to wash the dogs bedding today as well...oh well there is always tommorrow and more laundry to be done.

cuddlepop
06-Apr-11, 15:12
Its like when you think you've loaded up the machine and find a stray sock.
But never the one that matches all those "spare" socks you've kept just incase one appears.lol

Dadie
07-Apr-11, 23:24
Well the washing machine took a massive dislike to Poppy dogs sheepskin rug...never seen anything else so chewed up by it!
Big hole in the middle and chewed edges ragged like something shredded it!
For a 30 deg wool wash the damage was spectacular!
It must have been hungry........:eek:

Vistravi
07-Apr-11, 23:31
Sounds like you have a dreaded washing machine monster in your machine. The only way to pacify it is to feed it your socks lol.;)

Ah the wee monkeys are just wee chaos makers ;) Mine tries to get in the washing machine :eek: Obviously i don't wash him enough lol.

orkneycadian
08-Apr-11, 18:00
News must be in short supply in Caithness these days?

Off to check the Dairy section..... [lol]

Ricco
08-Apr-11, 20:08
Last Sat. our w/machine blew up - literally! Terrific bang as something electric blew. Just plumbed the new one in that arrived today. Can hardly hear it and I am sat 8 ft away. Bliss!