PDA

View Full Version : music shop, wick

kriklah
05-Apr-11, 20:16
is there still a music shop in wick? not been through the town in ages, and cant remember if the one up by the post office completely closed or moved. i know the one in thurso, but as im heading into wick tomorrow thought id get what i need there if possible, and save on the extra mileage.

cheers

Douglas Cowie
05-Apr-11, 22:04
The Wick Music Shop is sadly long gone.

Torvaig
05-Apr-11, 23:12
The Wick Music Shop is sadly long gone.

Aye, that what happens when the likes of Tesco sells recorded music cheaper than a small shop can buy wholesale!
So much for supporting local shops.....and enjoying their personal service.

Jeid
06-Apr-11, 00:42
Damn Tesco and their cheap stuff and nice staff when we're in middle of a recession, damn them to hell I tell you!

WeeRob
06-Apr-11, 22:36
Damn Tesco and their cheap stuff and nice staff when we're in middle of a recession, damn them to hell I tell you!

I still think a music shop in Wick could work.. it would need to diversify into t-shirts, clothing and merch but a broad range of CDs / instruments could attract people. Tesco doesn't stock everything you know..

The Music Monster
06-Apr-11, 23:13
I don't think Tesco is the problem any more, I think it is the internet. Tesco don't stock that much musical stuff, but it is so convenient to purchase music over the internet so that is where I get most of my stuff from. I would love to have a local music shop, but quick frankly the prices they would be likely to charge are beyond my pocket when the identical thing can be bought online at a fraction of the rrp. Something would have to make it really stand out from the crowd, like the Wrigley Sisters' shop in Kirkwall which is also a cafe... A musical cafe, that would be quite good:)!

Jeid
07-Apr-11, 00:17
Doesn't Morag's sell strings and plectrums n stuff?