PDA

View Full Version : Courier service for business

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
05-Apr-11, 13:29
Who do you use for sending goods to customers who buy online from your shop or that order long distance?

royal mail is a killer!!

cazmanian_minx
05-Apr-11, 16:40
Unfortunately because of where we live Royal Mail usually works out cheapest :( though admittedly my parcels are a lot smaller than yours! Have you tried Parcel2Go.com ? I've found they generally have pretty good rates.

Kodiak
05-Apr-11, 18:06
Royal Mail, I would not go anywhere else as they have the organisation to deliver.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
05-Apr-11, 18:43
Kodiak - customers not interested to pay the postage at cost and i'm not taking a 6 quid hit on an item that only has 8 quid profit in first place!

Kodiak
05-Apr-11, 20:06
Kodiak - customers not interested to pay the postage at cost and i'm not taking a 6 quid hit on an item that only has 8 quid profit in first place!

You asked "Who do you use for sending goods to customers" So I informed you Royal Mail. Not my fault that your customers won't pay you for the Postage. I have never had any complaints for any Postage Costs I have asked for.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
05-Apr-11, 20:24
Crikey Kodiak - no need to get your back up - i'm just explaining why I am looking for another courier service- I don't think it's your fault my customers don't want to pay excessive postal charges.

Tugmistress
05-Apr-11, 22:10
may i ask why you are saying that the postal charges are excessive? i know i can send something weighing up to 15kg (i think or it may be 20kg) for a maximum of £15 by royal mail standard parcels, or are you sending out stuff heavier than that?

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
06-Apr-11, 01:26
Hi Tugs yes at times sending & receiving heavier than that. It's not necessarily to do with weight of package but more so value of it.

Tugmistress
06-Apr-11, 09:52
ah ok, maybe not a solution for you but when we send extremely large or heavy stuff we actually just deliver it ourselves and charge for our fuel for the return journey. sorry i can't be of more help.