PDA

View Full Version : The Public Galleries

bagpuss
04-Apr-11, 20:36
My neighbour in Hampstead like nothing better on a cold day than packing a thermos and some sandwiches, picking up the day's paper and using his oyster card to set off for a day in the public galleries of the criminal courts. he says you never know what you'll get to earwig in- an edition of the Jeremy Kyle show (magistrates court) or Midsomer Murders.

Anyone done this in Wick?

Corrie 3
04-Apr-11, 21:12
Doanalsin does this at least once a week, dont know if he has an Oystercard though...Probably uses Millers cabs!!!!

C3....:roll:;)

golach
04-Apr-11, 22:21
Even more humourous is using my senior citizen bus pass and going to listen to the First Ministers questions on a Thursday at our Parliament, no need for central heating, lots of hot air in there. [lol]

nightowl
05-Apr-11, 14:54
Recently, when I attended for Jury Duty, it did cross my mind. Maybe a wee diversion if I had time on my hands after retirement.
That was until I spent a morning sitting in the pew like, hard benches in the public gallery. If anything discouraged future voyeurism, they did. So if or until, comfy seats, and a loo that a normal person can fit into are installed, I will give it a miss and just log on to Noel.

sweetpea
05-Apr-11, 16:07
I've never understood why anyone would want to go and sit in a court and listen to tales of misery. I know there are career criminals in there every week but there are also some very misfortunate people who have made bad choices and also people with mental health illness and learning difficulties who are needing help. I think it would be very upsetting to know the stories behind some of these folk.