PDA

View Full Version : Oh the irony of it all!

bagpuss
04-Apr-11, 20:28
So the Back Bridge Street Club has been taken over by a bingo hall? I imagine some people will be spinning in their graves either in horror or delight.

How many years was it full of curmudgeonly old men, jealously guarding the integrity of their stag bars agains the monstrous regiment of women? How many old guys sneaked in for a quick game of snooker and a half pint, or wasted the Sunday evenings when they should have been doing their gardens playing cribbage?

In my wild youth I remember copying the Chanel 19 advert totry to get a game of snooker in the place, much to the horror of the incumbents.

The justice of it- a Backer full of wifies yelling 'house!' is too good to be true

sweetpea
04-Apr-11, 20:34
I for one can't wait till it opens! Love a game of bingo, hope it's a Carlton or similar.

bagpuss
07-Apr-11, 22:08
Reading the post about the Lybster police station, there appears to be a note of divine justice in all of this. So.....any suggestions for appropriate uses of :
The Dounreay Club, Wick (return it to use as a cinema perhaps?)
The eyesore behind the former Elm Tree petriol station? (bulldoze perhaps- or build the new super-primary school there?)

ducati
07-Apr-11, 22:36
Reading the post about the Lybster police station, there appears to be a note of divine justice in all of this. So.....any suggestions for appropriate uses of :
The Dounreay Club, Wick (return it to use as a cinema perhaps?)
The eyesore behind the former Elm Tree petriol station? (bulldoze perhaps- or build the new super-primary school there?)

You can never have too many TESCOs ;)