PDA

View Full Version : My poor boy

Vistravi
04-Apr-11, 18:16
Noticed this morning that my cat Merlin wasn't putting his whole weight on one of his legs and that he had a bald patch on the leg. With inspection found a cut of some sort on it.
He was also very grumpy and scratched my son which is something he never does regardless of what my son does to him.
Took him to the vet and my gentle boy has been bitten during a fight when he tried to run away. The bite has gotten infected leading to a a slightly swollen, painful leg.
He's spent the whole afternoon on our bed sleeping which again is unlike him as he's usually outside.
Poor boy was also head to head with a greyhound yesterday too. The dog jumped the fence and there was only one more fence between them. I came out and couldn't pick Merlin up as i'm terrified of dogs. thankfully the dogs owner came out shouting on the dog which gave me enough courage to quickly pick Merlin up.
I think given all that its really no wonder he's not interested in going out today, not that i'm letting him out today ;)
A couple of quiet days to get himself back to his normal self is in order i think. He'll soon let me know when he's had enough of being inside.

Liz
04-Apr-11, 18:27
Aw poor Merlin!

It sounds as if he has an abcess? This will make him feel really poorly, hence the grumpiness.

Hope he feels a lot better soon. xx