PDA

View Full Version : Renewables loan scheme

Commore
04-Apr-11, 16:33
Renewables loan scheme

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2011/03/11142409

Quote;
People installing electricity technologies will be eligible for payments for feeding electricity into the national grid. The money will also help domestic customers install renewable heat equipment who have been excluded from support by the UK Government's Renewable Heat Incentive until next year.

The loans will be time-limited and operated on a first come first served basis. The scheme will be open on April 1 and loans will be capped at £2,000. Interested people should call the Energy Saving Scotland Advice Network on 0800 512 012 or see the Energy Trust website.

The money comes from underspends in energy budget in 2010 -11, as many applicants previously offered Scottish Government renewables support opted not to take up a grant as a result of delays to the UK Government's Renewable Heat Incentive.
End of Quote.

Has anyone on the Org applied for the above, if so, what was / is your experience of it?
Was it what you expected from what you read? or do you feel as though you were misled?
What did you think of the Criteria, as set out by the Scottish Government?

My opinion is that there is far too much red tape, still......
even though the government profess they have cut this, to make things easier for the average householder and if you are a householder, what type are you? do you own your house, do you rent,

It is with little wonder that so few individuals took up on the offer of the heat incentive scheme with all the red tape which was involved and this scheme is no better, in fact I'd say that anyone who applies for such as this loan must have more money than sense, with all the costs required to be spent in order to fill in the application form, before even being considered for such a loan.

Does the Scottish government really believe that there will be a rush of applicants with all of the red tape involved, and the apparent discrimination as to the status of the householder as set out within the Criteria and Conditions set,

One wonders therefore, did anyone apply last time or is this the Scottish Governments rehashing old news and unspent money from the last time.

Commore
05-Apr-11, 10:29
Renewables loan scheme

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2011/03/11142409

Quote;
People installing electricity technologies will be eligible for payments for feeding electricity into the national grid. The money will also help domestic customers install renewable heat equipment who have been excluded from support by the UK Government's Renewable Heat Incentive until next year.

The loans will be time-limited and operated on a first come first served basis. The scheme will be open on April 1 and loans will be capped at £2,000. Interested people should call the Energy Saving Scotland Advice Network on 0800 512 012 or see the Energy Trust website.

The money comes from underspends in energy budget in 2010 -11, as many applicants previously offered Scottish Government renewables support opted not to take up a grant as a result of delays to the UK Government's Renewable Heat Incentive.
End of Quote.

Has anyone on the Org applied for the above, if so, what was / is your experience of it?
Was it what you expected from what you read? or do you feel as though you were misled?
What did you think of the Criteria, as set out by the Scottish Government?

My opinion is that there is far too much red tape, still......
even though the government profess they have cut this, to make things easier for the average householder and if you are a householder, what type are you? do you own your house, do you rent,

It is with little wonder that so few individuals took up on the offer of the heat incentive scheme with all the red tape which was involved and this scheme is no better, in fact I'd say that anyone who applies for such as this loan must have more money than sense, with all the costs required to be spent in order to fill in the application form, before even being considered for such a loan.

Does the Scottish government really believe that there will be a rush of applicants with all of the red tape involved, and the apparent discrimination as to the status of the householder as set out within the Criteria and Conditions set,

One wonders therefore, did anyone apply last time or is this the Scottish Governments rehashing old news and unspent money from the last time.

So now, let me see............out of 111 views at this article no one has an opinion, no one has a comment, or no one knows very much about it, or no one has bothered to go down that road.............
no one cares about the environment, no one is bothered about generating their own power (not until there are black outs or power cuts or are cut off through no fault of their own) no one gives a hoot about any government scheme,
If any person, has any comment not with regard to me but rather with regard to the scheme, please pm me.