PDA

View Full Version : ScrewfixDirect

Rheghead
04-Sep-06, 15:36
I have always had good delivery service and prices out of them. Though just recently I have struggled to get a part which they should have but don't stock. I am surprised at the price difference to PlumbCentre though, eg in plumbcentre a waste bend costs £7.50 and screwfix lists as £2.50! Plumb centre is nice and handy I suppose?

Anybody had a good or bad experience with Screwfix and their delivery up here?

sharon
04-Sep-06, 15:52
at the time of order they told us that it might take longer to reach as our location but it was in the door the next day!! ordered alot while doing up the house over the years... and never had any problems :cool:

Billy Boy
04-Sep-06, 15:58
nothing but good service here,alway's been in stock and received with in 48 hour's:D except the bathroom suite,said within 2 week's but got it in 1 week:D

footie chick
04-Sep-06, 16:06
http://www.thetoolbag.com/ delivery if free on orders place online regardless of price. Have mostly the same stuff at the same prices. Ordered on Tuesday was here Thursday morning at 8.00:)

Unlike screwfix which is £5.95 for orders under £45.00:(

WeeBurd
04-Sep-06, 16:07
Mr Burd used them regularly when renovating our house - he found them to be excellent, with their orders always arriving super quick.:)

Buttercup
04-Sep-06, 16:29
Have used them quite a lot and the service has been excellent. Amazing the difference in price compared with local and even the likes of B&Q etc. Highly recommend them to everyone. You even get a reduction of your first order - 10% if I remember rightly.

Piglet
04-Sep-06, 16:39
My hubby uses them everytime. Swears by them for price & service, you will be hard pushed to find better:D

bigpete
04-Sep-06, 17:03
Agree totally with above comments, we've bought double-glazed windows and all our plumbing stuff off them - up here it's all a rip-off and saves going down to B & Q in Inverness. Although suppose Homebase is here now, but does not give discount to us 'elderly' DIY's like B & Q & Focus!

maverick
04-Sep-06, 22:40
Ihave used screwfix but to be honest i found them to be to expensive and a lot of their products have not been of the quality or standard that can be obtained locally. Their catalogue is very nice and informative, but unfortunatly i found their delivery service a bit dissapointing.

theone
04-Sep-06, 22:52
They now charge a £6.00 delivery surcharge due to our "remote" location. Thats my only gripe.

Doolally
05-Sep-06, 06:50
I use Screwfix a lot. Good quality and delivered to your door in a few days. However, the new £6 delivery surcharge doesn't go down so well.

Whitewater
05-Sep-06, 08:52
Have used Screwfix for many years, at work before I retired, and also at home all the time. However, if you have an emergency repair you have to go to a local supplier and pay the extra, but in these situations I don't mind, it is worth the extra cost when you consider what what damage could be done if the offending fault had been left for a day or two.

Whitewater
05-Sep-06, 08:57
http://www.thetoolbag.com/ delivery if free on orders place online regardless of price. Have mostly the same stuff at the same prices. Ordered on Tuesday was here Thursday morning at 8.00:)

Unlike screwfix which is £5.95 for orders under £45.00:(

Hi footie chick, had a look at you website, it seems good,always gives us another option. Thanks.

rainbow
05-Sep-06, 18:44
My husband uses Screwfix that often I am sure he has now earned shares in the business. He still shops locally for some goods, but uses Screwfix for screws, silicon, buckets, plumbing pieces etc etc- things he doesn't mind waiting a day or two for.
He does not pay postage as he argued the case with them that it costs no more to send a parcel by Parcel Post. He always manages somehow to spend over £45 each time!!

connieb19
05-Sep-06, 18:48
I havn't used Screwfix in a while.. wold definitely recommend though..:D

rockchick
05-Sep-06, 19:59
My husband keeps the catalogue close by and is always having a flick-through. Never had a problem with the service, delivery is always quick, and they stand by what they sell. Need more companies like this!

BazzaG
05-Sep-06, 21:27
I use Screwfix regulary and find there service A+, never had any probs and delivery is always quick

Rheghead
16-Oct-06, 18:21
My honeymoon with Screwfixdirect has come to an end. :( I tried to order a tool cabinet online but the item was marked with a '7 days truck icon' and they would not take the order as we live in a 'remote' area.[disgust] I had other items on the order that made up the bulk of the price but it grieves me to just order them without the cabinet.

webmannie
16-Oct-06, 19:38
The remote area delivery cost has put me off them, as a matter of principle I no longer shop with them because of it.

ice box
16-Oct-06, 22:45

Unlike screwfix which is £5.95 for orders under £45.00:(This site is brilliant i have bought loads of stuff and its free delivery never will i use screw fix again .

stekar
18-Oct-06, 19:04
Have used them a lot, but when I placed an order this week there was a £6 delivery charge.

Rung their customer service number and had a rant about being charged for delivery when I'm on the mainland and never having to pay before.

Apparently they have just upgraded their computer system and having a few problems with it and I will get my delivery charge refunded. So, I will wait and see..

Rheghead
18-Oct-06, 21:32
Have used them a lot, but when I placed an order this week there was a £6 delivery charge.

Rung their customer service number and had a rant about being charged for delivery when I'm on the mainland and never having to pay before.

Apparently they have just upgraded their computer system and having a few problems with it and I will get my delivery charge refunded. So, I will wait and see..

I complained about them not delivering bulky items up here and they said if you order via telephone then there is no problem for caithness, they admitted that there is a problem with the website atm.

j4bberw0ck
18-Oct-06, 21:46
Just received an order today in three packages; a table saw (weighs about 30kg), a tile cutter (about 10kg) and a lightweight box with odds and ends in it. Took 6 days to arrive, and I reckon a £6 delivery charge is pretty good. I'm very happy with Screwfix.