PDA

View Full Version : 4 month old red staffie pup

f1valaters2010
04-Apr-11, 12:05
Sellin ma four month old pure bred staffie puppy meeha house trained well built puppy loves walks and playing with other dogs fantastic round kids as a have a 1 year old son n she adors him sady srlling as a have rescued a alsatain from rscpa

150 no offers please tel 07902523940 thanks

Carole
04-Apr-11, 14:21
Sellin ma four month old pure bred staffie puppy meeha house trained well built puppy loves walks and playing with other dogs fantastic round kids as a have a 1 year old son n she adors him sady srlling as a have rescued a alsatain from rscpa

You are selling your dog because you have got another dog? Watch this space .....

Dadie
04-Apr-11, 14:29
Oh Wow another stupid idiot who thinks pets are easily replaced.
Pity the SSPCA didnt ask what you were going to do with your pup when you got the new one..or did they and you lied?
Just because you think you did good rehoming a rescue doesnt negate the bad from turfing out the dog already in the house.
If anything it makes it worse, you must have only had your pup for 2 months and you are looking to get rid as you got another dog....lost for words I can use on here!

scottyjock
04-Apr-11, 14:38
Would this be the same pup that was advertised before as an APBTxStaff?

carasmam
04-Apr-11, 15:28
You are selling your dog because you have got another dog? Watch this space .....

Aye for GSD pups I bet :(

Carole
04-Apr-11, 15:41
Would this be the same pup that was advertised before as an APBTxStaff?

Can't be, scottyjock. This one is a 'pure bred staffy'! Apparently inferior to an 'Alsation'.

Aye for GSD pups I bet :(
Carasman, are you suggesting the OP is planning to breed from the new dog? Would a true rescue dog not be spayed?

The more I think about this thread - and the uncaring attitude behind it - the angrier I feel.

Dadie
04-Apr-11, 15:48
It may or may not be neutered at the time of rehoming, but, it is one of the conditions you sign up to when rehoming that the dog will be neutered (other factors come into whether or not its neutered before rehoming..some pups are too young etc).

carasmam
04-Apr-11, 15:54
Can't be, scottyjock. This one is a 'pure bred staffy'! Apparently inferior to an 'Alsation'.

Carasman, are you suggesting the OP is planning to breed from the new dog? Would a true rescue dog not be spayed?

The more I think about this thread - and the uncaring attitude behind it - the angrier I feel.

I've no idea what they are planning - just a stab in the dark.
and what Dadie said - section 10 I think it is of the SSPCA rehoming policy - sometimes animals are too young when they leave a rescue centre to have had the op.

dragonfly
04-Apr-11, 16:01
OMG! this new thread of yours beggars belief! I just cannot understand this mentality!!

Dadie
04-Apr-11, 16:01
Section 9 in regards to breeding.. dont!
Section 10 in regards to neutering...get it done asap!

Blondie
04-Apr-11, 16:27
OMG! People like you shouldn't be allowed to have animals!

unicorn
04-Apr-11, 17:36
Really just shocked at the mentality of this post, out with the not very old and in with the new, except the not very old is not even out yet!!

dragonfly
04-Apr-11, 18:31
I really hope the SSPCA sees this post and takes back the alsation, your's does not appear to be a "forever home" its a stopgap until something better comes along.

I'm still in shock that anyone would do this, why on earth take on a new dog knowing that you have a puppy that has to go to make way for it..........?

I hope the puppy does find a new home, a loving one where its thought of as part of the family, not just a commodity to be bought and sold on whim

Moira
04-Apr-11, 18:36
I'm glad I can type because right now I am speechless. This sure brings a whole new and sinister meaning to the practice of recycling unwanted items. Unbelievable. :mad:

starfish
04-Apr-11, 18:39
why does this person want a staffie for in the first place and to replace it with a alsation yet another dog that can be aggresive i not saying staffie or alsation are but they are often used for the wrong person eg druggies to protect them from other thugs

unicorn
04-Apr-11, 18:44
There was another one last week from them pit bull x staffie 6 months old

pepsimax
04-Apr-11, 18:44
People who change their dogs like most people change their cars make me sick! I got my Jack Russel when she was 8 months old and we were her 4th home, she is 10 now and there was no good reason for 3 different owners to have got rid of her.

scottyjock
04-Apr-11, 19:09

Ah, but that was maybe before they realised it is illegal to pass on an APBTx and they are just now advertising it as a large staff? Strange because the age of the child appears to have changed too, on one post the child is 1yr old and on another post it is 8 months, i may be an old man now, but......

Ok, so erring on the side of caution here, maybe the German Shepherd was there first and the new pup isn't getting on with the GSD? Or maybe i am, perhaps, looking a little too deep into the situation.

balto
04-Apr-11, 19:40

150 no offers please tel 07902523940 thanks Well this never normally happens but im speechless, you seriously think you are going to get 150 for this poor dog, when there are so many unwanted in caithness as it is, surley to god you should never have taken on a rescue dog, when you had this pup, no doubt give it a few months or unto your bored then we will see the alsation on hedre looking for a forever home, i doubt you would have to the sspca the truth, when asking to rehome this dog, high time people stoped breeding dogs willy nilly for people who dont give a toss regarding the poor dogs welfare from getting them, if you dont want this dog then why dont you give it up to balmore or kwk9, instead of lining your own pocket and think of this poor pup.

dancingtaz13
04-Apr-11, 22:22

Was it the RSPCA in England/Wales you have rescued your alsation from or the SSPCA in Scotland?
It sounds to me like this is the same dog you were advertising last week as a staffi x pitbull??

Carole
04-Apr-11, 22:28
...... maybe the German Shepherd was there first and the new pup isn't getting on with the GSD?

You are being very kind methinks as the ...

well built puppy loves walks and playing with other dogs

Dadie
04-Apr-11, 22:36
Can the SSPCA or Police do DNA to check whether its a staffie or banned xxx?
or does it need to do damage first?
As the owner doesnt seem to know or care...just advertise so it goes ..so the replacement can take its place.
And if its the banned xxxxxx would the new owners know or care?

Liz
04-Apr-11, 22:51
Well I can't add to what everyone else has said.

I just can't understand why you'd adopt an alsation and then sell your puppy which seems to have changed breed along with the age of your child!!!!

f1valaters2010
05-Apr-11, 11:00
Dont ken wit all the big deal is w tryin to sell my staffie and no she aint a cross ae took her from a friend for 150 whk acquired the dog from non payments all my dogs r very haply n well looked aftr ae even have a collie cross who av had for ,4 years sadly ae have to sadly sell her not that ae really want

brandy
05-Apr-11, 11:33
o.k. first off took me about 2 min. to even read what you wrote, but you have not even specified why you are getting rid of the staffie? obviously you have more than one dog, and you have taken on another one, yet now you want to flog off the puppy for 150 quid. the question behind it is why? and i think that is what most folks are asking. if you have several dogs to begin with, and then take on another one just to sell on one you already have..well it sounds very dodgy and suspicious.
just sitting there saying its very sad you have to sell the pup and then scratching your head wondering why people are angry? it does not reflect very well upon you.
the fact you can not write doesn't help either.

The Music Monster
05-Apr-11, 12:07
Well, I'm just glad that my parents didn't have the same mentality as you... Oh well, another child let's get rid of the eldest one to make room!!!
There is only one word for what you are doing: Irresponsible. Irresponsible people should not have dependants, like dogs. If I understand you rightly you took the dog in lieu of payment and that is atrocious behaviour from you and the party who gave you it.

Refer to this section: Is the Internet killing Standard English or Scots (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?140336-Is-the-Internet-killing-Standard-English-or-Scots)! Seems he is not in the minority - annoyingly!!!

Carole
05-Apr-11, 12:11
o.k. first off took me about 2 min. to even read what you wrote, but you have not even specified why you are getting rid of the staffie? obviously you have more than one dog, and you have taken on another one, yet now you want to flog off the puppy for 150 quid. the question behind it is why? and i think that is what most folks are asking. if you have several dogs to begin with, and then take on another one just to sell on one you already have..well it sounds very dodgy and suspicious.
just sitting there saying its very sad you have to sell the pup and then scratching your head wondering why people are angry? it does not reflect very well upon you.

Oh Brandy. You have said everything I was thinking but said it so much better than I could. You did well to decipher in 2 minutes though - I am still trying.

Rie
05-Apr-11, 12:26
OMG, whats wrong with having both dogs???? thought they were supposed to be members of the family not a disposable object.

_Ju_
05-Apr-11, 13:06
Dont ken wit all the big deal is w tryin to sell my staffie and no she aint a cross ae took her from a friend for 150 whk acquired the dog from non payments all my dogs r very haply n well looked aftr ae even have a collie cross who av had for ,4 years sadly ae have to sadly sell her not that ae really want

What happened to the "pitbull" then?
The big deal is you are mishandling your dogs.

balto
05-Apr-11, 15:45
Dont ken wit all the big deal is w tryin to sell my staffie and no she aint a cross ae took her from a friend for 150 whk acquired the dog from non payments all my dogs r very haply n well looked aftr ae even have a collie cross who av had for ,4 years sadly ae have to sadly sell her not that ae really wantmy god now you tell us that you have a collie cross, i take it the staffie is the only one you can attempt to make money out of, hence why you are attempting to sell her, just disgusting that people like you can get away with this sort of treatment of poor defencless animals, i have 2 dogs myself, a lab and a staffie/collie cross, who was a rescue dog when he was one, he is now 6 and is still scared of people he doesnt know, why dont people like you think before giving a dog a home, then get bored with it and attempt to make some money out of it, my god angry doesnt even cover it. oh and you see at the bottom of your post, you will find the edit post button, please re-read your posts and edit them so we can make out what they say.

jlumsden
05-Apr-11, 15:47
I am conufused, is this a staffie or a pitbull cross?
Also,f1valaters2010, what does "whk" mean? Is this a misspelt word or an abbreviation? I seriously hope the sspca read this and think twice about handing any living creature over to you. If your "staffie" is so good with other dogs why can't you keep him too? Not that I think you deserve any pets when you act as irresponsibly as this!

attidude9464
06-Apr-11, 00:07
Please can you confirm whether it was the RSPCA or the Scottish SPCA that rehomed a GSD to you?

_Ju_
06-Apr-11, 07:46
Please can you confirm whether it was the RSPCA or the Scottish SPCA that rehomed a GSD to you?
Atitude, I suspect you will never get an answer to a direct question about these dogs. Even his evasions to questions point to very dubious practices. I doubt there is a an alsatian, and if there is one that it is a rescue. The rescue dog was maybe thrown in to glean sympathy for the selling of the pure bred staffie who a while ago was a pitbull cross.

F1valaters, if there is a morsel of care in you for that staffie, give her to the SPCA for rehoming. As things are, adult staffies are the predominant breed in so many animal shelters. Breeding from her would only worsen the problem of abandonement. Your staffies worth/value is in the affection she will share with her forever family. she will not find her forever family through your attempts at selling her.

I thought that the selling of animals was being reconsidered on these message boards. While advertising on here does give you a broader audience than the vets office or a pin board in a supermarket, these are animals we are talking about. Not the excercise bike or a suite. There is legislation that protects the welfare of animals and to see it flaunted in a space where you can adress that flaunting yet cannot stop it from happening all the same makes me angry and frustrated.

Commore
06-Apr-11, 09:40
I have been watching this thread with interest and it appears to me that you lot have been given a bone or two at most, to chew over.
The poster is / or thinks he/she is clearly not answerable to any of those making assumptions or comment, F1valaters appears to be "laughing up his or her sleeve" so to speak and coin a phrase. :)

Dadie
06-Apr-11, 10:17
Well they will be hard pushed to get £150 for a staffie needing rehomed without KC reg papers.
To many staffies and not enough homes.
Accepting a dog for work carried out if you are not going to keep it as a pet is pure stupidity.

dragonfly
06-Apr-11, 17:10
ae took her from a friend for 150 whk acquired the dog from non payments

so if I have deciphered this gibberish correctly this poor 4 month old puppy was taken away from its original home by your friend over a non paid debt, to be passed onto you (lord knows why), you are unable to keep it because you already have other dogs but have taken on another from a rescue either in England or Scotland (RSPCA england/SSPCA Scotland), and now you are passing it on also?!?!?

I imagine that in your world dogs have no other value other than financial - breed from them make a fast buck on the puppies then sell on the money cow and get in another

scottyjock
06-Apr-11, 19:27
What if someone saw this advertisement and were to offer the pup a loving home for free, would that be acceptable to you?

(For the record, i am not offering the dog a home as i am retired and do not have the energy these days to keep up with a youngster, i am just interested to see the answer)