PDA

View Full Version : Time Team

Beat Bug
03-Apr-11, 14:30
Whilst driving to Wick about noon on the A99 just south of Lybster, OH spotted a Time Team Land Rover going south. Anyone know if they're doing a dig in Caithness?

northener
03-Apr-11, 19:10
Dunno, but I'd really be interested to find out.

thejudd
04-Apr-11, 00:39
I have just been on the time team website and they say that if there is a dig in the area they will only advertise it on local websites so keep a look out or do some of your own investigating

Kevin Milkins
04-Apr-11, 03:29
I like Time Team, it would be good to see something local.

achingale
04-Apr-11, 09:46
Must keep an eye out.

Beat Bug
04-Apr-11, 12:41
I emailed them yesterday, and got this reply this morning.

'Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding TIME TEAM.

Unfortunately, as Channel 4 do not make this programme, it is made by an independent production company, we would not have such any information about when and where the filming is taking place.
I am sorry that I cannot help any further at this time.'

It would be interesting to know who DOES make the programme!!

theone
04-Apr-11, 12:59

Videotext communications ltd. in association with The Picture House Television Co. ltd.

Clever me (and 4od) ;)

Kevin Milkins
04-Apr-11, 13:00

Unfortunately, as Channel 4 do not make this programme, it is made by an independent production company, we would not have such any information about when and where the filming is taking place.

I have a cunning plan,:Razz we could email baldrick.co.uk and ask.;)

northener
04-Apr-11, 14:09
There's plenty of ancient artefacts in Caithness.....just look at some of the .Orgers....

theone
04-Apr-11, 14:58
There's plenty of ancient artefacts in Caithness.....just look at some of the .Orgers....

Ah, but old and interesting are two completely different attributes.......

northener
04-Apr-11, 16:40
Ah, but old and interesting are two completely different attributes.......

Oooh! Ya beauty![lol]

rob murray
04-Apr-11, 17:11

An independent production company who sell their wares to Channel 4, or a company channel 4 commissioned ?

orkneycadian
04-Apr-11, 17:17
Anyone know if they're doing a dig in Caithness?

Probably heading home from Orkney! ;)

bagpuss
04-Apr-11, 19:50
Time Team are not always good news- Archeo-link in Aberdeenshre had a lot-and I mean a lot of public money thrown at it, at the expense of loal services. if they decided to do a major dig in Caithness, how much money will the local authority have to stump up at a time of austerity?

northener
04-Apr-11, 22:29
Time Team are not always good news- Archeo-link in Aberdeenshre had a lot-and I mean a lot of public money thrown at it, at the expense of loal services. if they decided to do a major dig in Caithness, how much money will the local authority have to stump up at a time of austerity?

I fail to see the connection between the Archaeolink project and Time Team?

The TT progs are not publicly funded as far as I know.

Walter Ego
05-Apr-11, 16:18
Discussion here:

http://www.ourpasthistory.com/ttf/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=526&sid=a4f98afc2201d0d8078da2e2aa6ce55a&start=0

would suggest that there is no 'public' funding for Time Team and that it is CH4 who ultimately pay for it.

rambo1978
07-Apr-11, 15:58
I'd love to be involved in a dig if Time Team came up here. Must keep an eye out!